Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 LX trophy taker help please. >

LX trophy taker help please.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

LX trophy taker help please.

Old 06-16-2004, 05:22 PM

Default LX trophy taker help please.

I'm shooting a lx at 70lbs. My draw length is 26.5 on the 80% post. I shoot a 349 acc at 27 inches with a 100 grain head. I just put a trophy taker on the bow and was wondering if anyone else with this setup found the bow needs a high knocking point? I do have the cam slightly over rotated and was wondering if this could be part of the reason for the high knock point. It tore paper pretty good, slighty tail left (1/4 inch) I'm only asking because with a bodoodle on the bow it shot best with the knock point at 90* Thanks for any help, ---Lee
Old 06-16-2004, 09:59 PM

Default RE: LX trophy taker help please.

i shoot a bowtech, and my tt actually didn't have to be as high as my bodoodle, but both had to be a little high (nocking points). make sure your cam is timed and your ata length is correct. besides that get center shot with paper and do some group tuning. if you're getting a nock left tear move your rest a little right. if you have to be a little high to make sure there is no fletching contact - so be it. i usually group better a little high anyway. for me it comes to a point where you really have to be an expert to get some of these drop aways to shoot paper perfectly. the trophy taker website has some great tips for tuning it though. someone recently said they shortend the rope and it worked better - but tie a knot while testing, don't cut it - i guess you knew that. hope that helped a little.