Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

QAD vs Trophy Taker

Old 06-23-2007, 07:37 PM

Default QAD vs Trophy Taker

Looking to replace my WB with a dropaway rest here shortly. Lets hear some opinions. Right now it's up in the air between a QAD or a Trophy Taker.Either the Trophy Taker; Shakey Hunter. Or the QAD Hunter fallaway.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:28 PM

Default RE: QAD vs Trophy Taker

That's a tough call. QAD is a very nice rest but I prefer the TT Shakey.

It is quiet and dependable. I have added a Cobra arrow holder to make the entire setup full capture. As I draw back, the arrow slowly slides out of the rubber fingers of the Cobra and my TT Shakey takes the arrow up into the air. Then I am in business. You can even turn the bow upside down and shake it. That arrow is locked in rock solid.

The QAD for me was just do darn expensive and had too many moving parts. If you had my luck you would understand that more parts equal a greater opportunity for failure.

You should go to your local pro shop and try them both out. Any good shop will let you do this before you buy. Best of luck!
Old 06-23-2007, 09:40 PM

Thanks for the response. So far everything I have read is point at TT. They seem more reliable and that's definately a must for me. Any other input?
Old 06-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot the QAD..Never had a problem from it. My arrows fly straight and true.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:53 PM

I have the QAD LD and love it. Never had a problem and my arrows also fly straight and true.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:48 PM

For what it's worth, I got rid of my Tropy Taker and went to the WB. The WB is a great hunting rest when set up properly - good arrow containment, easy to tune. I sold the TT.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Just installed a Trophy Taker Pronghorn on my son's bow. He is shooting better groups than ever. Simple and quiet.

I had QAD rest on my bow a couple of years ago. Good rest.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might also look into the Trophy Taker Xtreme FC Rest, which is new for 2008. It is a drop away rest, which can be drawn at about any upright angle and still be in the fork. It would be a good transition from the WB.

http://trophytaker.com/arrow_rests.aspx?model=xtremefc&type=arrow_res t
Old 06-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

QAD rests are easy to set-up and easy to tune. Full capture when at rest and if you have to let down you are still at capture.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MDBUCKHUNTER

That's a tough call. QAD is a very nice rest but I prefer the TT Shakey.

It is quiet and dependable. I have added a Cobra arrow holder to make the entire setup full capture. As I draw back, the arrow slowly slides out of the rubber fingers of the Cobra and my TT Shakey takes the arrow up into the air. Then I am in business. You can even turn the bow upside down and shake it. That arrow is locked in rock solid.

The QAD for me was just do darn expensive and had too many moving parts. If you had my luck you would understand that more parts equal a greater opportunity for failure.

You should go to your local pro shop and try them both out. Any good shop will let you do this before you buy. Best of luck!
All drop-aways have moving parts!!! That reasoning has never made any sense to me. With the QAD, you have full containment without adding any arow holders, very easy to tune and the QAD Hunter is $49.99 which is still $10.00 less than the cheapest TT. You can lock the QAD in the up position, so the arrow has no where to go, and also let down and the rest will stay up. I have 1000s of shots through mine without any problems.

Quick Reply: QAD vs Trophy Taker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.