Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 More speed from a Patriot dually??? >

More speed from a Patriot dually???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

More speed from a Patriot dually???

Old 06-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default More speed from a Patriot dually???

Just shot the '03 Patriot dually through the chrono today. Shot 296fps w/ a 327 gr CXL250 28" arrow (if I'm remembering right).

Is this pretty much in line w/ what others are getting out of a similar setup?

Yes I know this is "fast enough"... but you know how it is. Just want the most from the setup.

I shooting the 70# limbs and currently it's set at 63# and using the 28.5" mods. I normally have a 29" draw.. but this bow came w/ the 28.5"s and it seems to fit rather well.. maybe a hair short. The cams are in perfect time and everything seems to be setup correctly. I do plan on replacing the string w/ one made out of TS1 (possibly w/ fewer strands than "stock") as the stock 8125 string has seen quite a bit of use... so I figure I'll see a little bit of gain there.. Also plan to up the poundage to 65# (which I figure will push me over the 300 fps mark). Would I gain much if I switched out to a set of 60# limbs and maxed those out or possibly added a set of taller rockers. Other than lengthening the draw a tad.. do you guys have any other tips on how to gain a bit more speed?
Old 06-05-2004, 10:59 PM

Default RE: More speed from a Patriot dually???

I think you're pretty close, I get 308 fps with my '04 target Pat DC set on 65 pounds and shooting a 356 grain arrow with the 29 inch mods.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:39 AM

Sounds pretty close to me as well. My 03 @ 62# does 292 with a 370gr with peep loop and whiskers on it. I'm toying with the idea of a custom string myself...man those stock cable slides wreak havoc on the cables. I didn't put 200 shots on before I replaced it and I see the effects of it still.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah I replaced the stock slide w/ a simms slide I had in my tackle box as soon as I got the bow.

Trushot is your bow have 60# or 70# limbs?

As for string accessories.. all I have is a trupeep (tied in w/ some dental floss), a tied in nocking point and a couple rubber eliminator buttons.

Anyone have any other "secrets"... other than the TS1 string w/ a few less strands and a 3" center serving?
Old 06-06-2004, 05:07 PM

60# limbs. I don't have a real accurate scale though. All the ones around here double as deer scales during the seasaon so It may be a bit heavier or a bit lighter.

I hadn't thought of shrinking the serving...how much difference did you get there?