Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Glendel Buck (3-D deer) >

Glendel Buck (3-D deer)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Glendel Buck (3-D deer)

Old 04-15-2004, 08:31 PM

Default Glendel Buck (3-D deer)

Has anyone here tried the GlendelBuck I have a Mckenzie target and after two years I will be needing a fourth mid section already and for $90 a pop I just can'nt do it again. I like the looks of the glendelbuck. same as the block but with replaceable layers that can also be rotated. That and the replacement layers seem reasonable price wise. what Is the lever on the back that locks down the layers made of. Any complaints or comments would be appreciated.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Glendel Buck (3-D deer)

I don't know a whole lot about them, but we did have one in the BowTech booth at the ATA for people to test bows on........it took a beating and held up pretty good under some hostile treatment.
If I remember, I think the antlers are crap.....some sort of foam and easily broken? i do know we had both antlers shot off in a matter of a day of shooting.

We were shooting relatively close range 5-6 yards with some pretty fast bows and I think it did pretty well. Arrows are easy to pull also........easier than a McKenzie anyway.

My favorite practice 3d target is still the Bionic Buck from Morrell though. A PLEASURE to shoot.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:41 PM
Typical Buck

the glendel buck is much improved since last year. They offer diiferent options as far as target face on the mid section that you may want, whether it be a vtial area or scoring rings etc. But they do take a pretty good pounding with the layered foam technology. they would definetly be one of my pics for a bakyard target over a Mckenzie. jmho
Old 04-18-2004, 09:59 PM

Thanks, for the info on the new midsections for the glendel. I do like the looks of the morrel bionic buck the only drawback for me is its not made for broadheads. And i want to keep my practice real for that confidence boost when I hit the woods.