Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Whisker Biscuit Problem >

Whisker Biscuit Problem

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit Problem

Old 04-10-2004, 05:27 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Problem

ilbback:

What makes you believe that the "WB" will never malfunction or get out of adjustment. There is not a mechanical device made that "Murphy" does not like.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:04 PM

WB because it will not fail? Who out there will race a bicycle with a BMW? It is more reliable, not as many things to go wrong. Do you use a sight? why? it can break, or move. A peep sight? The tubing can break? A bow? It can break. Why not just throw the arrows? I understand something that goes wrong all the time, but one instance. Why didn't you shot the bow before you went hunting? I always shot 2 arrows before leaving for the stand. I think that WB has its place. But to say that it gives as good of arrow flight as other rest is wrong. What is the advantage of the rest? You can shot it upside down? Is that it?
Old 04-10-2004, 06:09 PM

I've never had the whisker biscuit fail in the six years that I have been using them. I have deliberately forced mud and sand and snow and ice through the biscuit in an attempt to make it fail and it has not happened. I routinely shoot muddy grass covered blunt tipped arrows through the rest after it rains and I can't wear it out. I have snagged the inside of the biscuit on briars that would bend a prong or flipper rest and the biscuit has stayed in adjustment and never bent. I don't think there is a tougher or more reliable rest for you to put on your bow than a whisker biscuit. Good luck hunting!
Old 04-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not referring to any specific rest. I am disagreeing with the statement that

"You cannot obtain better arrow flight by switching to another rest. Arrow flight is a function of correct tuning and proper spine."
BULLSH**! All someone has to do is do a search on the WB and they'll most likely see that you've hijacked every fricken WB thread to put in your smart a$$ replies about something you've never used! Grow up!
I really think you try to hard sometimes to be a pompous a$$! Do you think anyone here is entertained by your B.S.?

ewolf.....never mind... your probably c903 with a different login name so he has someone that agrees with him!
Old 04-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Good since you knock them for not trying it, I did and it sucked! I could not put arrows consistently on top of one another. I only tried it on recommendation and I needed a new rest. I tried it for about a 1 month. Then gave it away.

As I stated before, it's only advantage was to keep the arrow put on the rest. Nothing else. Well, I don't do arobics while hunting, I don't shoot my bow up side down and don't get target panic. I don't have problems with my arrow falling from the rest

If you all who are considering a WB and you do those things then buy one. I for one will never try it again (unless I get paid to) and will always rant about my $70 disaster.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:02 PM

I didn't have to try it. I saw 3 people switch from the piece of Sh!t and shot better, as soon as they changed. That was the only thing that changed, and their groups went from ok to great. Why should i try one if i know it will not work. I do agree with Fieldmouse if you do those things shot one. If not shot something better.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:35 PM

I've been shooting the rest for a couple months and think it is superior to the others that I have used (TM hunter, GKF shootout). It works as advertised, tunes easy, its durable, and so far has been consistent and has not failed. I can't say the same things for the other rest that I mentioned nor can I vouch for other rests that I havn't ever used. The WB is a great hunting rest in my opinion.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:50 PM

Jeez, BOWFANATIC! You need to learn self-restraint. You also need to understand that these threads are intended to provide information and considerations to more people than just you and others that hold a fanatical bias about certain gear.

If I hurt your feelings by knowing too much (according to your tolerance level) about certain things, it is not an intentional thing, it is just the way it is.

Rather than bust a brain cell and kick your dog, I am always open to being proven wrong. Have at it, because doing so is also informative.

PS: I forgot to add. To "highjack" is to totally change the course of a mutual conversation. I have always been under the impression that the threads in these forums were generally intended to be instructional, not just for mutual edchanges. What informative benefit is derived from a thread if everything that is said is held to either bad or good, depending on the majority vote?

If there is another side to the story, another point to consider, an opposite experience, etc, then it should be said. If those that consider any product to be the best product they have ever used and the best product on the market, and they want to say so without contradiction, I suggest that they petition HuntingNet to create a specific forum for just that purpose.

Until then, I will have my say when I feel it is conducive to providing information to those that seek information, not to chat. Get used to it or hit the "Ignore" button.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:59 PM

Arroman:

What can I say? Maybe conveniently coincidental and timely will do.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

i never had a problem with fletching going on my 5th season with the whisker biscuit. i will say though i bought arrows once from a store and i had to reglue the inserts and most of the fletching. i think some stores assemble there own arrows to make more money or something or maybe i got a bad batch from the factory. this was before i had a whisker biscuit.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.