Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 My new PatriotVFT arrived,  comments and draw length ? >

My new PatriotVFT arrived, comments and draw length ?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

My new PatriotVFT arrived, comments and draw length ?

Old 04-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My new PatriotVFT arrived, comments and draw length ?

I received my New Patriot VFT and once again the birth cirtificate let me down.
For starters my bow came in at 28" when I ordered a 29", no big deal. But the BC shows a 64# draw (what I ordered), shooting a 300grain arrow 308fps. That comes to 20 grains BELOW IBO specs.
Is it common to be that far below IBO on a BC?

Does that seem slow to anyone else?

To further my frustrations the "8" in the 308 was at one time a 1 or a 4. I'm not sure why, but it was changed by the tech during the testing phase. The eight has a straight line in the middle with the upper o being square on the left side. It's an obvious "correction", but the ink is the same so I guess he changed his mind ( maybe when he grabbed the lighter arrow?[:-])

Then came the draw stop issue. I could tell the cam was over rotating by the obvious break over into the valley and then an extra 3/8" of mush before I hit the draw stop peg. When I asked him where the peg should be now that he switched the modules he said that they normally "just EYEBALL IT!!"
I had him look for a 2004 manual, but he couldn't find one. All of their 2004 bowtechs are "eyeballed!" (he moves a lot of them too)
I showed hem my concern when I shot it and he stated the cam was under rotating.
How did he come up with that?? "because you haven't hit the peg yet" ERRRGGG!

I shot the bow with my 395 grain arrow through the chrony with a peep, eliminator button and brass nock at 278 fps. This speed is very close to what my MM was producing with it's 323 ibo speed when set at 63.5#. With that I was a happy customer and ready to pay and leave his house of [:-][:'(].

I could have sworn the downloadable owners manual for 2004 was on their site, but I can't find it now.

So could someone with a 2004 manual PLEASE give me the draw stop range for a 29 and 29.5" module ( I bought both) at 65-80% letoff?

p.s. if I sound old and cranky I assure you I'm not, it's just the way this keyboard portrays me. Maybe after spending 6.5 bills I expect too much?[&:]
Old 04-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My new PatriotVFT arrived, comments and draw length ?

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/downlo...nersManual.pdf

That 320-328 IBO rating is with a 30" draw length. Your bow is set up at 28", with an N3 module I assume. My birth cert stated 311fps @ 70.5#, 350G arrow, and 29" d/l. I'd say your certificate is right on and will probably increase to between 312-320 fps with a 29" module. It's odd that you took it home with the wrong module since most dealers I've talked to have the integer numbered modules in hand. It's the 1/2 inchers that seem hard to get.

My bad......I see that he did in fact change the module for you. You're shooting an N2 module now, correct?
Old 04-02-2004, 12:11 PM

For starters my bow came in at 28" when I ordered a 29", no big deal. But the BC shows a 64# draw (what I ordered), shooting a 300grain arrow 308fps. That comes to 20 grains BELOW IBO specs.
Is it common to be that far below IBO on a BC?
Figure 10 fps for every inch of draw. 308 at 28" is 328 at 30" IBO - sounds good to me.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

One more thing...........get some thread lock and tighten your module screws after applying some of that stuff. Loose mod screws seem epidemic on the Infinity cams after a few hundred shots.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rack, your right 320 would sound ffeaking awesome to me also, but how does the 20 grains under IBO factor in on the speed obtained?

Mrfritz44, yes it now has the N2 module in it. But I also purchased the 29.5" module since I had no clue where the draw stop was supposed to be and didn't want to loose 1/2" when I set it right (due to the over rotation).
This shop is 1hr and 25 minutes from the house, so I didn't fancy a return trip.
Thanks on the page, I clicked on your link and same result- acrobat opens up and then nothing but a blank screen. I printed off the info and that should get me by until I recieve my owners manual.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

DaveC........go here and download the newest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

After you install it, right click on the manual link I provided and "Save Target As....". Save the manual to your Desktop or someplace that's convenient. Wait for the manual to download fully, then open it.

Acrobat can be flaky if viewed directly from the link, and not having the most recent version of Acrobat can prevent you from viewing it at all.

Good luck,

Fritz
Old 04-02-2004, 06:52 PM

The 20 grains of arrow weight under IBO would result in a loss of less than 7 feet per second putting you at 321 at 30# IBO and still within manufactures specifications. On top of that if you read the 2004 owners manual on page 7 you will see it says the tests reported on the birth certificates are done with the vibrablock hush kit and a brass nock installed which result in speed loss of 3-5 fps, which would put you at 324-329 (mid to high advertised speed).
Old 04-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the advice and Mrfritz44- the download did the trick.

Now that I can see the # placement on the infinity cam I have confirmed the shop had my peg on the #3!, that would be fine for a ~32" draw- if they made one!

I thought it was on the 8, but the realized I was looking at it backwards after seing the picture.

So my suspicions were confirmed, now I just need to find the time to make it right and get to tuning. (very busy at work, 6-12's)
Old 04-03-2004, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

Just to be sure, remember, you measure the posts from the "L" to the "S", and consider the first long line as #1. My draw stop in this photo is on setting #7. Check me on this you Bowtech experts.........I'm posting this as much for Dave as I am to double check my own knowledge.

Old 04-03-2004, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I'm getting the funny feeling the top and bottom long slashes don't get included as a 1 or 10 mark, if they did it would be on a scale of 1-12.
Now if you count 4 long dashes up from the bottom, that's where mine is at!!
(until I get a chance to correct it)

Quick Reply: My new PatriotVFT arrived, comments and draw length ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.