Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Jennings Archery what happened? >

Jennings Archery what happened?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Jennings Archery what happened?

Old 03-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Jennings Archery what happened?

Buddy of mine has a Jennings Speedstar bow(1998) which was set at 63#'s and has a 70 lb max weight. He had major shoulder surgery a year ago and has not recovered completely and compounded with working fulltime and a side job has no time to fiddle with the bow. He asked me if I was interested. I went over his house and drew the bow about halfway to its draw length 29" and the bottom limbs face lamination snapped. He told me he had not shot the bow more then 100 times since owning it and was totally disgusted. He called Jennings so-called customer service and they told him to mail them the bow and they figured a couple of hundred bucks should cover it. He basically told them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. They have been bought by Escalade something or other and this guy told me the CS rep at Jennings was totally disinterested in his dilemna. Heres how I feel about it, Compound bows are relatively high priced commodities in most cases surpassing new rifle or shotgun prices when properly outfitted. Then these companies advertise limited lifetime warranties... Helen Keller could tell this bow was hardly used at all how do they get away without fixing or replacing this bow gratis?.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Jennings Archery what happened?

You don't get great customer service from each company but you do from a few, Bowtech is sure great.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am surprised to hear of the response from customer service. The local shop carries the NAAG bows and they have always been prompt and polite when addressing any CS concerns. I would call back and kindly ask to speak to a supervisor. Explain the situation and ask for replacement limbs. Though most of the NAAG bows are not "pro shop only" you may also have better luck if you take it to a local NAAG authorized dealer and have them call. I wish you/him luck.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

What was the warranty on the bow? 5 years,10 years,lifetime for original owner?
Old 03-30-2004, 03:34 PM

Quote: "A Limited Lifetime Warranty is standard with all Jennings bows. As the original owner......"

http://www.fulldraw.net/jennings/index.tpl
Old 03-30-2004, 03:40 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I believe that I saw in this months Bow and Arrow Hunting that Jennings is no longer part of the NAAG. Someone has bought them out.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

He is the original owner of the bow and was told there was a limited lifetime warranty..must be limited to the time it took him to make it to the parking lot with the bow. He is really pissed about this and rightfully so. He spent roughly 800 bucks on equipment and is lucky to be able to get rid of the bowcase , sights ,arrows for a decent amount of money. These companies should hang their heads in shame when this happens. I can tell you right now he is out of archery for good.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:19 PM

I guess he shouldn't have left it out in the shed during the hot summer months. No, I don't know this as fact, but neither do you guys who are bad mouthing the company W/O asking any ? My proshop says that 98% of there limb failures are during the hot summer months when folks would leave their bows in the car. Just don't jump to conclusions.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

I believe that I saw in this months Bow and Arrow Hunting that Jennings is no longer part of the NAAG. Someone has bought them out.
Mez,

Do you remember which issue this was? I subscribe to it but don't remember seeing that. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:51 PM

I recently made the Jennings/Escalade Sports discovery myself. After going through the phone riggamaro I ended up with a Tech Rep with Escalade who had no idea how to solve my problem of not being able to get the full draw weight from my bow, or find the proper draw-length module. I "very nicely" insisted on talking to someone at Jennings and she very nicely gave me a direct phone number. Unfortunately I wrote it on a receipt for a new string and threw it away. The people at Jennings are still working and appologized for the issues that the buyout have caused. Then he proceded to help me with my problem to 100% satifaction. When you call the Jennings number and are asked for an extension I believe I used a four digit number starting with 25__. Don't hold me to it though it's was awhile back and I used to race dirt bikes.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Jennings Archery what happened?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.