Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Trophy Ridge Sights? >

Trophy Ridge Sights?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy Ridge Sights?

Old 03-24-2004, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trophy Ridge Sights?

I am going to get some new sights here this spring. I was thinking about getting the trophy ridge matrix sights. If not those I will get the copper john. I am really thinking about the Trophy Ridge. What do think?
Old 03-24-2004, 10:30 AM

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Sights?

I had a Matrix, just traded it away. I could never really get used to the pins and I just had other issues with it. Just got a CJ Pro III and so far I love it. Very solid sight and I can't wait to really dial it in. Great sight, solid build, and cheper than the TR.

JMAC
Old 03-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you're sold on the Trophy Ridge go with the Guide Series, it has a different vertical and horizontal micro-adjustment engineering as of 2004.
The other sight you can look at, but may have to fork out a bit more $ is the Spot Hogg sights. The Hogg-it, the Hunter Hogg-It or the Real Deal.
In my opinion these are quite comfortable pin sights and I've had no regrets using them. JMO.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

If it were my money I would bey just about anything other than the Trophy Ridge sight. I'll just say that I had a lot of problems with mine and their customer service sucked as well. They don't have near the quality built into their sights as most of the other companies out there.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:15 PM

I'd go with Copper John, I don't like the verticle pin configuration. I think it just blocks out too much. Especially at long range.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a BIG vote for the Trophy Ridge MATRIX. It's an excellent huting sight and one that will serve you well in the woods. Once you shoot the Vertical pins you'll wonder why you didn't make the switch sooner. Just a great sight system and with so many different options available for this year you just can't go wrong.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:47 PM

As someone who used a TR, CJ and SH the last three hunting seasons, do yourself a favor and get the SpotHogg. The Copper Johh is a close second, and the Trophy Ridge is a distant third. Flimsy and poorly made when compared to the SpotHogg.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:43 PM

If your a hunter the best sight out is the trophy ridge. The vertical inline pins are the best for hunting. If you hunt turkeys no problem, you have a great view of the target. If you hunt deer you can align the vertical pin with the leg & wham perfect. great field of view is what a hunter needs & this sight does it like no other.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

The new Trophy Ridge Matrix made with all metal is second to none imo!

For being a fairly new company they've come along way in a short period. They responded to customer complaints on the plastic pins and produced metal pins. They responded to customer complaints on the plastic pin guard and sight housing (why this is a problem is beyond me) and produced an all metal sight. This thread is the first time I've heard any negative remarks concerning their customer service.
All three mentioned are great choices , but I'm casting another vote for the Trophy Ridge!
Old 03-25-2004, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am surprised to hear you have had a bad experience with Trophy Ridge customer service. I've had 'several' conversations with "Wendy" at Trophy Ridge--so much so, sometimes I felt myself to be a PIDA.
Nevertheless like any new product, they themselves are experiencing some 'growing pains' but I can honestly say for myself that their customer service has been impeccable.
It's a fact we all have different experiences and I'm not doubting the fact that some of us will receive an earful of what we prefer not to hear from some manufactures, unfortunate. IMO Trophy Ridge Matrix Steel VIP sight
isn't as bad as its made out to be, as to comparisons, I'm not bashing any particular sight so as to make another look better--but it's fact for many various reasons, most sights on the market will at one time or the other, require minor repairs be it the bad handling of our bows or just an accident.
The long and short is what makes 'you' comfortable, vertical pins or horizontal pins, some archers need time adjusting to the different systems, this is not the problem of a particular sight, this has to do with
the archer's adaptation.
We will not all favor the same product, so by no means I'm trying to accomplish the 'impossible'. JMO.

Quick Reply: Trophy Ridge Sights?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.