Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best Drop-Away

Old 03-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Spike

Default Best Drop-Away

I have an SQ2 and am considering replacing my TM Hunter with a drop away. Any recommendations?
Old 03-20-2004, 07:35 PM

Default RE: Best Drop-Away

I'm a big fan of the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone. I switched to it this year from a whisker biscuit and will never look back. These are the reasons I like it:
1. Fletching clearance is good with 4" right helical vanes on skinny ICS 400 arrows.
2. Totally silent while drawing back. The foam arrow holder that sits on the shelf is whisper quiet as well.
3. The bow I shoot (Bowtech Liberty) is virtually vibration free, but I still like the vibration control material built into the rest.
4. Easy to set up and tune.
5. Built very solid.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Second on the Drop Zone..........not that I have alot of experience with the others, but I did manage to get my hands on several of the others, if not to actually try them. The Drop Zone worked great and I've got no reason to change at this point.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll throw in my vote for the Trophy Taker. Very accurate, lightweight, and tough as nails. The only guff I have with it is noise. Rests designed to hit the riser inevitably cause more noise. That is one thing I really like about the Drop Zones though.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:49 PM

Check out the TKO rest .
It is a 3 in 1 rest and is bullet proof and not heavy and bulky.
Sets up fast and is so adjustable.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Typical Buck

QAD ULTRA rest,put one on my Outback and love it. http://www.qadinc.com/ultra-rest.htm
Old 03-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will have to say the
Golden Key Futura Infiniti Drop Away

I just got my new Infiniti Drop Away and TKO Dropaway the other day.
With the Infiniti Drop Away ....After a brief rest setup and center shot.....I then proceeded to paper tune it and got the perfect bullet hole on the 1st paper shot.
I then took it out to the practice shooting area and at 20 yards.. shooting a 1 inch spot shot dead X the 1st arrow... I then shot a 2nd arrow at the same spot and the arrow hit the back of the 1st arrow and bounced back out and hit the ground... so I shot a 3rd arrow at the same spot and got a robinhood in the 1st arrow.... almost had the double robinhood
This rest is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have watched my 4 inch groups at 50 yards go down to 2 inch groups at 50 yards with this rest.
With the Infiniti you have a screw for elevation and one for your horizontal you turn them to move the rest to the setting you want and you dont have to tighten them down..... they self lock......I am notorious for stripping out allen head screws so this is a real bonus for me.
The Infiniti comes with a built in tunning gauge that tells you of any potential arrow rest issues.

The TKO Drop away by Golden Key Futura is a very nice drop away for 1/3 the cost of the Infiniti.
I would prefer the TKO for hunting.... and the Infiniti is my 1st and only choice for 3D.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

The new HTM drop-away looks better built than any other.

Sag.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:17 AM

Of all the fall aways I have shot I am really happy with the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone. I like it's durbility, vertical launcher, and warranty. I have found that the vertical launcher is extreamly fast to get out of the way of the arrow fletch. This is also one of a very few rests to have harmonic dampers installed. This year they have a hunter model which is lower priced.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:29 AM

The T-R Drop-Zone is a OK rest(I had it on a BT SC Pat),but for me,the best drop-away is the MZE.I don't like the springs inside of the T-R,and the way the cable attaches on the inside of the rest.The MZE,Trophy Taker,and then the T-R is the way I would rate them.I can say this because I've used all three...Bob

Quick Reply: Best Drop-Away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.