Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best Drop-Away

Old 03-21-2004, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best Drop-Away

I've used the Trophy Taker original for 3 years now and have no complaint's .i think it's one of the best in the market .I have a Muzzy Zero Effect on it's way that I'm going to try out and let you know what i think of it at a later date.

nubo
Old 03-21-2004, 04:39 PM

Another vote for the drop zone.

Old 03-21-2004, 06:00 PM

Yet another vote for the Drop Zone. It's a great, bullet-proof rest. I havent had any problem with mine.

I also like my TKO. It's very basic, but also very functional and smooth. If I get another bow I'll put this on it to try out more effectively.

Timba
Old 03-21-2004, 06:11 PM

As a hunting rest, I would rate the Muzzy zero effect the best and as a 3D rest, it would be hard to beat the Trophy Taker. I drew on a 5 pointer this year with the Trophy Taker and my idler wheel bumped a limb. The arrow bounced off and I had to let down. By that time, I was in a panic and missed. The Muzzy has worked great on the other hunting shots I've taken. Don
Old 03-21-2004, 09:57 PM

Trophy Taker all the way!
Old 03-22-2004, 12:28 AM

I wish we could get something like the Barnes that deserved to be a little higher on the list. I don't like these rests that leave the arrow rattling around on the shelf, then elevate it. They feel sloppy, and they make certain types of tuning inconvenient.

I've had the MZE for a year, and the trophy taker since the past weekend. Neither really feels that great. Yhe MZE I would happily put on a hunting bow, but unless I was going to shoot carbons with a lot of spiral, I would probably prefer the Bodoodle.

I'm using the TT on my Mathews C2. So far it's not all that good a fit. There isn't good bearing for the rest (does anyone know why Mathews are such a bunch or morons about not fitting two holes for the rest?). And with my shrewd grip, there isn't much to stick the tape on rest to. Also I get the feeling I may be into some hearbreak, or at least worry until I can be 100% sure this thing insn't coming off during a shoot. I wouldn't use it for a hunt, though some do. The basic design is completely bulletproof. The only downside are the security of the single screw, and not knowing whether my whip will come undone during the shoot. There isn't any reason why it should, but these things have a way of surprising you.

Basicaly all this is just so I can shoot the fletch in Hunter Class, when that part of my season is over, I'm back to a Lizard.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:13 AM

i've been shooting the trophy taker "shakey hunter'' has the wider rest so the arrow wont fall off for a year now and love it,tough as nails.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yet ANOTHER vote for the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone, best fallaway in the industry for serious bowhunting.

Old 03-23-2004, 05:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I need to get some fancy pictures of my new rest contraption....

At the moment I am shooting a GKF Golden Premier which I converted to a drop away. I have not had any of the problems with this rest that I had with some of the other drop aways that I have tried.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:59 AM

Everybody will have their opinion of what is the "BEST"
The question is What do you like?

I like the Muzzy Zero Effect My reason is. It has a large capture hook so the arrow will basically stay put unless yo tip the bow upside down, another of my reasons is I take comfort knowing that my arrow will settle into the V groove on the hook at everydraw!
Al

Quick Reply: Best Drop-Away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.