Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Installing string silencers >

Installing string silencers

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Installing string silencers

Old 03-17-2004, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Installing string silencers

Okay, finally got my new string put on. No problems except according to my scale the bow won't go past 50#'s when the limbs are cranked as far as they will go in.[:@] Am going to double check with somebody else's scale for accuracy. Anyway, I bought the Hunters Specialties string silencers and am unsure about how to install them. The instructions say to fold them in half and then tie them to the string. Do you fold them over the string or just sit them "on top"? Should be elementary, but I guess I have never done this before or paid attention when someone else did.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Installing string silencers

If your bow should go over 50lb, then it sounds like the new string is shorter than the old one, this would also decrease draw length. You could put a couple of twists in the cables or untwist the string.

For the silencers, I normally fold them in half, then stick them through the string, then tie them. Helps keep them from moving. You can just tie them and they shouldn't move.

--Bob
Old 03-17-2004, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

Bow should go to 60#'s. The string is not shorter from what I can tell, ie same draw length. How many twists can you go on the cables without causing problems? As far as the silencers go, you are saying to press the bow, insert the silencers and then tie them on with the "tie" going around the outside of the string. Have I got it right?
Old 03-17-2004, 11:31 AM

I believe that they are cat whisker type silencers, if not sorry:

http://www.fastestbows.com/articles/...cer_tie_in.htm

I ussually leave the glue part out. If you tie them in tight enough, they will not move. I do put a drop of glue on the know however.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

Well, GAWWLLLYY! If the picture on the package had been that precise I would have had it figured out by now. The key here for me was "lengthwise". Thank you!!