Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Horseshoe Launchers >

Horseshoe Launchers

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Horseshoe Launchers

Old 03-03-2004, 08:24 AM

Default Horseshoe Launchers

Is it possible to put Horseshoe launchers on other Golden Key Rests besides the Royal Hunter, such
as a Speed Set or others. Just curious. What does everyone think of shooting with the horseshoe launchers? I was thninking of getting my hands on a Golden Key Royal Hunter to just tinker with.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:42 AM

Default RE: Horseshoe Launchers

Personally, I love the horseshoe launchers. I'm currently using them on the GKF Hunter Elite dropaway. I'll never use prongs again.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you implying taking the Trophy Taker off your bow Chad? I dare not think about that.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:11 AM

No Chris, Just thinking of tinkering a little bit when I get my new "ugly" Bowtech. Well atleast the Botech riser doesn't look like the victim of a tragic farming accident like those Hoyt's. I still love the Trophy Taker, it's just me wanting to tinker.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I kind of freaked out a bit when I read the title to this thread...

I pictured a horseshoe being launched from a catapult type device, flying through the air and whopping someone upside the head...OUCH!

RUN AWAY!, RUN AWAY!

Actually I know what it meant I just woke up in a goofy mood this morning... No comments from the peanut gallery either...

I believe the horseshoe launcher can be used on the Royal/Hunter, Rover/Hunter or the Platinum Premier.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually I know what it meant I just woke up in a goofy mood this morning... No comments from the peanut gallery either...
Da.......rn!![&:]

I believe the horseshoe launcher can be used on the Royal/Hunter, Rover/Hunter or the Platinum Premier.
Is that because of the bridge style design specific to those rests? If that is the case then I am guessing it would be a no-go on the Infiniti or Golden Premier.

Personally, I love the horseshoe launchers. I'm currently using them on the GKF Hunter Elite dropaway. I'll never use prongs again.
Olink,

How much more surface area do the horseshoe prongs take up on the arrow shaft in comparison to the prongs? I remember that some of the older styles were rather large and offered some fletching contact issues.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:53 AM

I don't think that the horseshoe has any more contact with the arrow shaft than prongs do. Although I haven't measured it, it looks like the horseshoe has more real estate between the arms than there is between prongs. This means better clearance for the cock vane. (When used on a standard rest.) Where the horseshoe really shines though is when it's used on a dropaway. Because it is so thin, it lays down flat on the bow shelf and provides TOTAL clearance.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

What are these horshoe launchers you guys are talking about?
Old 03-05-2004, 05:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Mike,

Here ya go.....