Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Remote Bird Launchers

Old 12-07-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Remote Bird Launchers

I woas looking at buying some remote bird launchers for training. I have looked at over the internet DT and Dogtra, but I am not stuck on those. I was wondering who has experenice with the newer models of launchers and which one will give me the most bang for my buck.
Thanks
Scott
Old 12-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remote Bird Launchers

I have nothing good to say about Innotec Ecollars, but their remote launchers are top notch (I have three of them).
Gun Dog Supply usually has a good price on them.

Old 12-07-2005, 08:26 PM

I agree doc, I use them also, butI have changed the springs so it doesn't sling shot the birds, mine were older, took 8 ft, before bird would flap, now it is alot more natural. For a buck or so, made alot better product. thanks Jonesy

Old 12-08-2005, 09:24 PM

Versdog,
I have 1 innotek and 2 dogtras. All three are the quail/pigeon sized launchers. You can adjust the spring tension on the dotras which is helpful. I think the dogtras are built better but the Innotek works very well. The one advantage with the innotek is the bigger box which holds pigeons and chuckar better, or at the very least you don't need to stuff them in so tight. The audible beeper on the dogtras is a handy option that my innotek dosen't have. The new DT's look nice because you can load them from the end instead of the top.
Huntermag
Old 12-09-2005, 05:48 AM

HunterMag
If you had to pick one to buy which one would you buy?
Scott
Old 12-09-2005, 06:12 AM

Not gonna say anything negative about dogtra, haven't used, but innotect has been flawless, not gonna brag it'll bite me in the butt! Hahahaha, Now I changed the springs on mine, but if you can adjust on dogtra, hard call spring set $1.50, plus $ of trap, dogtra is just $ of trap, fine line to walk down. Thanks Jonesy
Old 12-09-2005, 07:46 PM

Versdog,
Between the two I would buy the Dogtra. I was very lucky when I got these launchers. A pointing dog club had purchased 8 or 10 dogtras and had some used innoteks. The club never used all the launchers so the club president put 3 of them up for sale in the classifieds for 500 bucks. I ended up with 2 dogtras w/remote new in the box. Plus a lightly used innotek which I had a controler for. I think I ended up paying 440 or 450 for the whole deal.

Huntermag
Old 12-10-2005, 07:12 AM

Huntermag
What do you like about the Dogtra better (more dependable? features you like better).
Thanks
Old 12-10-2005, 08:42 PM

I like the construction of the dogtra better. The entire release mechanism is made of metal where as on the innotek it is a thin wire and plastic. I really like the beeper option on the dogtras. That way you can avoid using flags or ribbons to mark the launchers. Some dogs get smart to flagging.Dogtralaunchers also come with a locking pin thatallows you to carry around a loaded launcherwithout the concern that it isgoing togo off accidently andaway goes your bird.Finally I like the fact that the launcher and remote are rechargeable. IMO batteries are a pain.

Huntermag
Old 12-15-2005, 06:23 PM

I was looking at the DT brand also does anyone have any experience with them? They have some interesting features and have a good price on them.