Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Vital Bow Gear Ultimate Fallaway observation >

Vital Bow Gear Ultimate Fallaway observation

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vital Bow Gear Ultimate Fallaway observation

Old 03-03-2004, 11:41 AM

Default RE: Vital Bow Gear Ultimate Fallaway observation

2 words... whisker biscuit!
Old 03-03-2004, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

TFOX,

Me and a friend of mine are shooting Xtec's with the VBG rest on them, no problems whatsoever. We both shoot around 28-28 1/2", around 55lbs. No problems with flight, or accuracy.......with or without the flipper arm.

Are you guys aware that there is an all aluminum 3-d launcher for this rest? No flipper to deal with. Just put the flipper launcher back on when hunting season rolls around and shoot the 3-d target launcher for competition or whatever.
Mikey
Old 03-03-2004, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mikey S.

TFOX,

Me and a friend of mine are shooting Xtec's with the VBG rest on them, no problems whatsoever. We both shoot around 28-28 1/2", around 55lbs. No problems with flight, or accuracy.......with or without the flipper arm.

Are you guys aware that there is an all aluminum 3-d launcher for this rest? No flipper to deal with. Just put the flipper launcher back on when hunting season rolls around and shoot the 3-d target launcher for competition or whatever.
Mikey
The only problem with your solution is that my main purpose for buying this rest was the flipper finger to hold my arrow in place for hunting; I could care less about 3D. Even after taking the flipper off, I still couldn't get clearance. I actually shot this rest on a Hoyt Ultra Tech bow that was shooting 300 fps and had no clearance problems, so maybe what Olink is saying has a lot of merit about the VFT bows.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think in the morning I may try to attatch the rest to the down cable. We'll see how that goes..Of course, I'm a little bit learly of trying it when its shooting well now without the flipper finger.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was wondering the same thing. Mine came with a setup to where you could either use the cable slide to pull it up or use a device that clamps on the cable like on the Mathews bows with the roller guard. I may have to give that a try. I also adjusted the stop on the finger so it would fall a little further down out of the way.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

I think in the morning I may try to attatch the rest to the down cable. We'll see how that goes..Of course, I'm a little bit learly of trying it when its shooting well now without the flipper finger.
Josh did you ever give this a try? I'm curious as to whether it worked for you or not. I'm wanting to try the same thing on mine.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes, I tried it. I've found that it doesnt make a difference where you attatch the cord to, if you have the flipper finger on there, you're going to eventually run into fliers. With the flipper finger off, it made no difference if it was tied to the bottom cable, or to the cable gaurd, good arrow flight was the result. I also fine tuned the cord length so it came up to full height when I was about 3" away from full draw. Seems to be shooting so much better now. I'm actually beginning to like this rest.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:53 PM

Het guys rest works fine a lot of guys hunting with it no problems I use it hopkins uses it talk to kevin polish from VBG or let me know all your conserns and I will pass them on to him he will be at the indoor IBO shoot in clevland and mertle beach in a couple weeks.

Thanks

Varmint
Old 03-17-2004, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you saying you had to take the "finger" off regardless? You could not get total clearance every time? If so that sucks because the little "finger" was the main reason I purchased this rest. IMO it's not worth having the rest with the capture feature if I can't use it.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

precisely.

Quick Reply: Vital Bow Gear Ultimate Fallaway observation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.