Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Outback vs. Justice vs. Liberty >

Outback vs. Justice vs. Liberty

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Outback vs. Justice vs. Liberty

Old 02-27-2004, 09:50 PM

Default Outback vs. Justice vs. Liberty

I'm in the market for a new bow and test shot the Liberty and the Outback today. I use my bow for hunting and some 3d just for fun and practice. I really liked the way the Liberty felt (I X'd at 35 with my 2nd shot). The draw and shot were velvety smooth . However, the Liberty was $90 dollars more than the Justice and a $100 more than the Outback in my area. I figured that with the extra brace height on the Justice, the accuracy would be similar to the Liberty. Is the Liberty worth the extra $$ and if so why?

Mathews and Hoyts pretty much rule around here. Everyone is telling me that the Outback and LX are the way to go. I liked the way the OB shot. It felt a little heavy, but very stable for a short bow. The draw was smoother than I thought it would be, but not as smooth as the Liberty. I had no problems getting nice groups at 25 with this bow and it wasn't even set up to my draw length. Since I have not shot the Justice, I wondered if anyone has shot this bow and how it compares in their opinion to the OB and Liberty. I'm not asking for a "my bow is better than your bow" post. Just some honest insight taking into consideration the price. In other words, what would you get and why?
Old 02-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Outback vs. Justice vs. Liberty

Between the choices you gave I'd choose the Outback! Are you sure the proshop had the poundages set the same for all bows? I've seen a couple that like to turn down the poundage on the more expensive bows so they can say "see how much smoother it is". The reason I ask is I test shot all three that you mentioned and I found the Outback to be a little smoother draw than the Liberty , but a little heavier which meant less recoil. They all shot great , but for the money for the Outback ($600 around here) with all the bells & whistles it's a great buy!
Old 02-27-2004, 11:23 PM

I have not shot the Outback, but spent better part of an hour shooting the Liberty and Justice. To me, the difference between the two was next to nothing, at least not worth the extra $100. If I were to buy a Bowtech right now, between those two, it would easily be the Justice. It shot and held almost identical to the Liberty. Both are very nice bows.

JMAC
Old 02-28-2004, 12:48 AM

Bowfanatic has a good point.If all the bows you've tested were not set at your draw length and the same poundage you cannot judge them all fairly.If its 2 inchs to long it will be harsh.......
Old 02-28-2004, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot the Outback, Liberty, and Justice. I bought the Liberty. The Outback is a very nice bow. Quiet, smooth, and very low recoil and vibration. I disliked the absence of a valley. The one I shot was a 70#er, but the shop had the limb bolts backed out. I prefer 65% let off, and expect it wouldn't be pretty on this bow. I chose the Liberty because of the longer ATA, and I felt less vibration at the shot than the Justice. Recoil was nil on both, actually all three, bows. I also prefer a lighter weight bow. The Justice stacked arrows at 30 yds no problem. I just liked the way the Liberty drew and shot better, for me. If you like the Liberty better than the Justice, I guess the extra money is well spent. BTW, here the Outback is the same price as the Liberty at one shop, and more at another.
Old 02-28-2004, 08:52 AM

Thanks for the responses. You make a good point Bowfanatic. The Liberty was set at 65lbs and the Outback was a 70lb bow backed a little (not sure how much). Hawgz, I was aware that the draw length would make a difference and took that into consideration.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the OB (especially for the price - $579). However, I preferred the way the Justice felt in my hand (lighter weight and smaller grip). Since I couldn't shoot the Justice (the one at the shop was sold) I shot the Liberty and loved it. But it is too expensive for me ($679 here and not sure if it worth the extra price). Since the Justice is in the same price range as the Outback, I am considering it as an alternative. Right now I am wondering if I am crazy to even consider another bow over a Mathews. It's not often that the Mathews is the cheaper bow, and around here Mathews are very popular.

Right now I am sitting on the fence and would like some input to lean one way or another. Thanks again for your help.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

I bought the justice, I like the shorter ata and the weight. The outback is a 110 bucks
more then the justice around here.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:40 AM

Robert check your email...........................
Old 02-29-2004, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you like the Justice better, don't buy the Outback just because it's a Mathews. That's a hard one to Justify. Mathews is popular around my area, too. I was one of very few BowTech shooters a couple of years ago. There are many more of us now. The tide is turning.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:56 AM

Go back and shoot some more. Maybe when you shoot them again you can tell more by the feel since you shot them already. sometimes it takes 2nd time to feel whats right for you.
GOOD LUCK!

Quick Reply: Outback vs. Justice vs. Liberty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.