Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need HELP picking a new bow. >

Need HELP picking a new bow.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need HELP picking a new bow.

Old 02-16-2004, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need HELP picking a new bow.

I just bought my wife a new Hoyt SierraTec for Valentines day. Now it's my turn. I have a six year old PSE ThunderBolt. Any bow that has came out in the last five years is new to me. I just do not follow the archery market.
I looked at but did not shoot the Hoyt XTec, ViperTec & RazorTec. I would like to also look at BowTech & Mathews before I decide. I do not have a BowTech dealer in my area so I might have to rule out BowTech? I will shoot several bows before I buy one.

I am looking for a new bow that is shooter friendly. Tunes easy & stays tuned. Fun to shoot. I am pretty much ruling out the shortest & fastest bows on the market just because they tend to magnify small mistakes. I would hate to make a bad hit on a animal because I picked a bow that was out of my league to start with?
Old 02-16-2004, 10:07 AM

Default RE: Need HELP picking a new bow.

I think the XTEC would be my choice of those three, if you like a longer bow I would go with the Protec.

Bowtec, I would choose the Patriot

Mathews, probably the LX, maybe the Outback

Those are all great bows, good luck making a choice. Personally, I would shoot each, and buy the one with the largest brace height and the most quite.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

RE: User Friendly

the Newberry is a very impressive shooting bow and is the quality is second to none.
the bows are designed to be the MOST user friendly bow avalable,all bow models can be broke down without the need of a bow press by turning the limb bolts out in 1 to 3 turn incraments out to 14 to 16 full turns depending on the bow model.

all bows are also avalable with the new SAT hybrid dual cam or the TDC solo cam
and comes with its own hard case.

all bows must pass a 5 step quality test for finish, weight, Draw, laser alignment and vibration.
and all bows are backed by a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser.

I say they stack up very good aginst any bow on the market!

Old 02-17-2004, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Wolf killer

. I do not have a BowTech dealer in my area so I might have to rule out BowTech? I will shoot several bows before I buy one.
If I remember right, huntersfriend.com has a program where they can be your dealer if there isn't one within 50 miles of you or so. Also have pretty decent info and prices...