Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Drop away for 04 MM VFT >

Drop away for 04 MM VFT

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop away for 04 MM VFT

Old 02-12-2004, 08:20 AM

Default Drop away for 04 MM VFT

I'm looking at either the Muzzy ZE or the Trophy Ridge drop zone for my MM when it gets here. Anyone have any experience with either of these on the MM? Any reason one won't work or will work better. I'm also looking at the Easton ST Axis for arrows. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Greg.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:12 PM

Default RE: Drop away for 04 MM VFT

Anyone use the Muzzy ZE on the Bowtechs? Come on guys I need some help. I just sold the Mathews today and my Mighty Mite will be here anyday. Thanks.
Greg.
Old 02-15-2004, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Extreme,
I am a big fan of the Muzzy ZE and had one on my 2001 Mighty Mite back then........since then they(BowTech) have changed the design enough that I can not accurately tell you how well it is going to work on the new Mighty Mite. The addition of the VFT style limb angles, longer riser adds up to a shorter slide travel. The ZE is run on slide travel so there may be some issues regarding its set-up. Off the top of my head, if guys are getting them to work on Patriots, it SHOULD (I didn't say will) work on your MM. You could always contact Muzzy for assistance regarding your particular model. Mark Land is probably the guy you want to talk to and he is very helpful and patient with these types of questions considering he has probably gotten the same one 10X for every model bow made.

The Trophy Ridge Drop Zone is a nice rest as well......not the same containment ability of the ZE nor is it "Driven" away, but it is very quiet and seems pretty solid. A little Bulky in design but I liked it enough that I wouldn't have any problems using one on my bows.

Just to throw a few more out there for you to consider......I have been using the Trophy Taker rests (Reg and Shakey Hunter) for the last year or so and they have worked terrific for me as far as tuning and arrow flight goes. Not a problem with any I've used. Still on my 3D bow, however I have just changed the one on my Liberty for a new rest I'd like to try. APA Ultimate "Twister" it's called........It has a full containment design which really appealed to me as a hunting rest. I was exposed to this rest at the ATA show last month and liked what I saw. Cable accuated and the launcher twists away, not falls. We'll see over time how it works out but so far I like it.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:13 AM

Matt/PA, Thank you for your reply. I looked at the ZE and the only thing I noticed was it felt heavy, all metal construction. I can't tell you why but the Trophy Taker has never really appealed to me. I guess I should shoot a bow with one on it to see. The last one you brought has had my attention for awhile. I'm sure it'll be awhile but let me know how you like it after you put it through the paces. Keep me posted. Thank you again. This is the best website I have discovered.
Greg.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Extreme,
You're welcome......
Don't let the overdraw shelf weight of the Zero Effect deter you as a choice, with a bow like the new Mighty Mite with it's capture style arrow shelf, you don't really need the supplied ZE shelf at all.
The mounting plate and the drive parts are all you need as the design of the shelf really keeps the arrow in place nicely. Set up this way it's not very heavy at all.
Just thought I'd mention that in case you were overly concerned about weight.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love the Drop Zone on my Extreme VFT. I haven't used the MZE but of the fallaways I've used the DZ has been the best. Solid, simple, quiet design that does as it is supposed to do, launch an arrow flawlessly. You'll wanna check one out.