Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Pro Chrono or Radarchron??? >

Pro Chrono or Radarchron???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Pro Chrono or Radarchron???

Old 02-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Pro Chrono or Radarchron???

I am in the market for a new speed monitoring device and am considering these two units. Which one should I go with?
Old 02-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pro Chrono or Radarchron???

I have not used the Radarchron personally, but have not heard very favorable things from anyone that's tried it. I'd opt for a real chrono (and did).
Old 02-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had mine for the last two years and have not had any problems, the Radarchron (Arrowspeed). My buddy who owns a Pro shop also bought one the same time as I did, the only problem he has had with his is with the batteries. As you would imagine, his takes a beating at the shop. I've seen it 'dropped' many a time and it continues to work.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:47 PM

I too have not heard very favorable reviews on the Radarchron. I would opt for the real chrono. You may want to look at Shooting Chrony as well. Got their Archery Master chrony for Christmas and I really like it. Here is a link to their website.

http://www.chrony.ca

Good luck in the search.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:40 PM

I own a Pro Chrono and use it both for handloading and arrow velocity, very versatile and consistant, great product for the money.
BD
Old 02-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the tips guys. I was sort of torn. I would like another conventional chrono but feel that I need to buy the light kit if I go that route in order to use it any time that I want...indoors or out. If I do that then I have to add another $40 to the cost. I know...I know...

The radarchron seemed to solve that problem as it does not rely on light in order to work...plus it probably is alot handier to setup and use considering how it mounts in your stabilizer hole. The only downside is the accuracy percentage is + - 2 % which means 6 fps on a 300 fps bow. That is a bit large in my opinion...especially for the tinkering that I do.

I will keep all suggestions in mind as I debate how to get this one past the wife.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:04 PM

Hi, I ordered a radarchron because it sounded portable and handy. Noticed the plus or minus spec but figured I wouldn't mind just shooting a string of shots, say 10, and averaging them to get a fairly accurate number. Also figured I would chrony my bow at a shop to see what the diff was, and could adjust the radarchron the percentage and be fine. What happened was I discovered the radarchron was 1 fps off the shop chrony, and it was consistently plus or minus about 1 fps readout. In other words, it was virtually perfect. Haven't fooled with it with other bows, and think it may need to be adjusted height wise to read correctly on diff bows. To be fair I have read of others who have had the same experience as me, and some who claim awful results. Don't know how to explain that. But I love mine. Thought I would let you know what I experienced.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:07 PM

P.S. Forgot to say I was only doing 240, haven't shot a faster bow with it.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the shooting chrony F-1 and it works well for me. It is as accurate as your standing position. As long as you are 3 feet back from the chrony as it says to be it is always consistant to within 1.5 fps shot after shot. Mine works great in my basement with the lighting kit. The chrony was $80 thru cabelas and I believe $30 for the lighting kit. Radarchrons are around $100. I say for $10 go for the chronograph.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:47 PM

I've had a Shooting Chrony for about 12 years and it's been "almost" bullet proof. I've shot everything through it from .17 Remington to 338 Winchester mag and from black powder guns to sling shots with great results. I've even nicked the guide rods with some big black powder slugs and it still keeps registering speeds accurately. I can take a known bow/arrow combination and it's speed and go out 2 months later and get the same speed. Get the Chrony!!!!

Quick Reply: Pro Chrono or Radarchron???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.