Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How to break it to the wife >

How to break it to the wife

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How to break it to the wife

Old 02-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How to break it to the wife

What's the old saying.... something like "it's easier to ask for forgiveness... than it is to ask for permission"
Old 02-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think she has let it slide because she got a new used vehicle and I sold her old one and used some of the money from the old car to buy it.She thought she was going to pay bills with the extra cash.[:'(]I quess I took care of that.

We are still on speaking terms but she does seem to be more hatefull than usuall.[&:]I really don't know why I had to get her another vehicle.Hers only had 196,000 miles on it.Dang American products.

Really the bow was payback for me.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Theres your answer. If she can't drive a car with 196,000 miles, then you cant shoot a bow with 196,000 arrows.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Well,I did it this time.I called the shop to check on my new arrows and to ask about a bow for my daughter and while having idle conversation,I asked how long it would take to get an Xtec and if I could get a co-op bow.

Pardon me, but what is a co-op bow? I never heard this term...

Oh, try skipping a x-mas present.. ya know, well hon, I get this now and I'll need nadda for x-mas... it's only Feb. and she may forget/forgive closer to Oct....

PineTree
Old 02-07-2004, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just go and start packing your bags.
When she asks what are you doin just say " movin into the dog house cause thats where I am gonna be when you find out I just brought another bow."[8D]
Old 02-07-2004, 02:02 PM

Say Honey, look at the new limbs on my bow, it makes it look brand new. That should things in good order till one of your buddies calls up and says, I bet he is out there shootin that new bow you bought him, wish my wife was as nice as you.
RUN For it.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:11 AM

Whats wrong with the dog house? Just think, you can fix it up any way you want, without input from her. You can hang all your trophy heads anyplace you want, throw your clothes on the floor if ya like and not have to hear "why do I always have to pick up after you?" everytime you turn around. And as for buying a new bow? U have a place to now store it without worry she'll sell it on ya.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell her you found it lying in the ditch.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell her you found it lying in the ditch.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:35 AM

Well, you already got hooked for a cruise! Next time you'll have to be much more sneaky.

Now do yourself a favor and think ahead - cause we don't want to hear you whinning again..............DO NOT LET HER PLAN THE CRUISE DURING HUNTING SEASON. Get a grip on this NOW or you'll be sorry!! You plan the cruise where ever she wants, you just pick the time.

Voice of experience talking here!!!

Quick Reply: How to break it to the wife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.