Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 possible problem with the Liberty >

possible problem with the Liberty

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

possible problem with the Liberty

Old 01-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default possible problem with the Liberty

I was just trimming the felt on my Shakey Hunter and something fell on my hand from the top of the bow. Upon closer inspection it looks like half of a C-clip that goes on each end of the axle to hold it in place. I am not sure though because neither side of the idler wheel axle has any clips. the cam axle does have clips on both sides. I am correct in assuming that the upper axle should have these littce clips also right? How could this be!!!!! I have never even shot this bow yet!! I watched them unpackage it straight from the factory yesterday when I picked it up. the seal on the box had never been broken. I am chomping at the bit to shoot this bow for the first time and now this!!!! [:@] I will try to post pics but I am not sure if I can get a good shot.

The broken clip.

The upper axle with no clips

The cam axle with clips

I assume its not safe to shoot till I get these clips right?
Old 01-24-2004, 10:23 AM

Default RE: possible problem with the Liberty

My Liberty has c-clips on each side of the cam and the idler wheel. I am not sure why yours had them fall off, but I am sure that if you take the bow back to the dealer where you got it, they will fix it for you. You could also wait for some of our BowTech boys to get back from the ATA show and ask them, but I would sat the easiest thing to do would be to take it back to your dealer!
Old 01-24-2004, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know if they would have them, plus they are a long way away. I wanted to shoot now!!!! arrgggghhhh!!!!! this is just frustrating. Thanks for the info on the clips.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:41 AM

There just c-clips, i would go down to the hardware store and pick up a small kit ! Or several different sizes That's a bummer, but an easy fix!!!

congrats on your new bow..............fishon
Old 01-24-2004, 10:41 AM
CG

If your dealer doesn't have e-clips, you need a new dealer. Go to Lowes and look around....they'll have them also.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

Great, Lowes is very close! Thanks. Are they C-clips or E-clips?
Old 01-24-2004, 11:04 AM
CG

Heard 'em called both.....Lowe's will have a set that has about 40 different sizes.....Pop one off and take it with you and you'll be able to match it up.....
Old 01-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would not shoot the bow untill you get new clips put on.

Like the others have said either go to Lowes or Home Depot and get some more clips and put on it seeing the dealer is so far away.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

problem solved! Thanks everyone for the tips. They are called E-clips and the size is 3/16" if anyone else runs into this issue.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:32 PM

I was shooting my Liberty during leagues and during one shot it sounded different, so I checked out all the likely accessories and that wasn't the problem. I looked closely at the bottom cam and found that the 2 allen screws that tighten the draw module down were both loose which caused the weird sound.
I now check them often and have not had any problems since. The Liberty is one great smooth shooting machine.

I'm not sure if the allen screws were loosened by my dealer before I bought it or if they just worked loose during shooting.

bowhuntr09, Congrats on your new Liberty, When you do begin shooting you will find out that it is even harder to quit.

Viper

Quick Reply: possible problem with the Liberty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.