Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 LIBERTY WORKS WONDERS!!!! >

LIBERTY WORKS WONDERS!!!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

LIBERTY WORKS WONDERS!!!!

Old 01-21-2004, 08:58 PM

Default LIBERTY WORKS WONDERS!!!!

Well guy's, I got the call everyone wants to hear...and that is that their bow has arrived. So today I took my copper john dead nuts, GKF golden premier, and well basically all my archery nick-nacks. Decked out ol lady liberty, tuned her up, sighted her in, proceeded to my league shoot and lowered my handicap by 16 points[][] Seriously, I had a 35 handicap(don't ask I had two bad averaging days), I wander in today and shoot a respectable 285...A perfect 300 round though with my handicap. Since this was our first actual point shoot, I am tied for first place. I can only get better because I still need to fine tune her up, I have a Golden Key Infiniti fall away that should be here tomorrow and a archers choice target sight that should also be here tomorrow. I only shot my bow 150 times today and she's already semi dialed in at 20 yards. I just can't wait til next wednesday when I'll have her all shot in and decked out in even sexier accesories.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:18 PM

Default RE: LIBERTY WORKS WONDERS!!!!

Congrats man

It is amazing how stable this bow is. The VFT mixed with the large idler wheel/cam make this thing feel MUCH larger than it is.

Now, get that stuff on the bow, get it tuned up, and post some pics
Old 01-21-2004, 11:51 PM

Yea!!! we need pics!! Before you get too many shots on that little beauty, take a small piece of self stick white label paper and place it under the limb fork area on your lower cam. On this white label paper, put a mark on the paper on each side of the limb for future reference on exact cam positioning. The string and cable on the wife's new Pat VFT has not budged a tiny fraction yet,,, good stuff!!!
Congrats on the new Liberty!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 05:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice setup. It sounds pretty darn like what I typically use. Glad to hear that your confidence is up and that you are shooting better than before.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:41 AM

These are the only pics I have of now. I'll get some more up this evening.

OH, one more thing, I have had absolutely no problem with getting good centershot on my liberty. I have all kinds of adjustment left on my premier rest(which actually has a pse mount bar).

Is the grip on this thing not beautiful?
Old 01-22-2004, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

I see you've got an aftermarket cable slide on there. What make is that? I just put an Alpine Archery teflon/rubber slide on my Patriot to alleviate a fletching clearance issue. I haven't shot it yet but clearance looks good now.

Did you have the same problem?

Fritz
Old 01-22-2004, 07:57 AM

That's just sims cable slide that I put on all of my bows that I get. I put it on before I even shot it and I haven't noticed any cable clearance issues whatsoever.