Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Which Mathews would best suite me? >

Which Mathews would best suite me?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which Mathews would best suite me?

Old 01-18-2004, 03:54 PM

Default Which Mathews would best suite me?

I'm wanting to get a mathews but unsure what would best suite me? I primarily want it for hunting, but i just got into a indoor league and i also want to start shooting more 3D. I'm thinking probably the Legacy. Also will the 2003 bows be cheaper now since the 2004 are coming out?One more thing should i take a look a Bow Tech's?
Old 01-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Mathews would best suite me?

You should take a look (and shoot) everything you can get your hands on from various manufacturers and then pick the one that feels best to you.

Also you should probably opt for a slightly longer bow(37" plus) if you want something that will do double duty as a 3D/Indoor bow.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:15 PM

I just bought a Q2XL. It's 38 inches ATA and really smooth. It really suits me well!
Old 01-18-2004, 04:37 PM

Mathews Icon for 3D, with the Concentric Cam, it is the smoothest Mathews!
Old 01-18-2004, 05:10 PM
Spike

The LX is a very good hunting and 3D bow. The cam is smoother and has a better valley than the Straightline 3 cam on the Legacy. The more forgiving brace height of the Icon would be a good choice for indoor league. The Q2XL as Jeff already mentioned is and Excellent bow and shoots as well as any Mathews, however, It will not be offered any longer as a current Mathews model. The are discontinuing it in the 2004 catelog. I hope that one of the two bows that Mathews will be unveiled this week wil be a sort of be a replacement for that bow. The answer to you 2003 bow question would be simply no. Since Mathews does not change a model after it is offered a 2003 is the same bow as a 2002 given the same model was offered both years. The deals you may find though are on models no longer offered. The ones not offered in 2004 are the Q2, Q2XL, Ultra 2, and the Sportsman.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:17 PM

If you have your heart set on a mathews then I would take a hard long long look at a Q2XL. I believe it's a discontinued model but I feel that it's the best bow besides the MQ1 that mathews have ever produced.

If you're open to other manufacturers then I must suggest the pro40 dually from Bowtech. It's also 38 inches axle to axle(againt its name sake) and at 60lbs is as fast or faster than other bows in the same catergory pulling 70lbs.

I myself have a bowtech Liberty on order and I plan on using that for both hunting and shooting in 5-spot leagues.