Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Mo Slo for yer Slo Mo,,, Joe >

Mo Slo for yer Slo Mo,,, Joe

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mo Slo for yer Slo Mo,,, Joe

Old 01-17-2004, 08:36 PM

Default Mo Slo for yer Slo Mo,,, Joe

I was in my shop today with the mini DV recording my shooting with the idea of watching my form with slow motion. While watching the slow motion video, I thought that if I had another camera to record the TV while it was playing the slo mo, it would really be slowed down. Maybe enough that I could watch the drop away rest working and watching for nock travel. I can get my in-law's camera and try it sometime but was wondering if someone else had done it before!!!! I'll try it soon and post my findings.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:45 PM

Default RE: Mo Slo for yer Slo Mo,,, Joe

Here for a second, I thought BowTech had sent you a dozen Pat DC's and you had finally went off the deep end

That would be PRETTY NEAT to see! I may actually try recording myself while shooting my bow. Well, not exactly, that would be impossible, I will have my girlfriend film me My camcorder can be set to film in slow motion, and then I can transfer it onto my computer to get even more of a slow motion effect. Then, from my computer I can put it on a VHS tape and put it in the VCR, which also has a slow motion!!!!!!!!!

Wait a second, isn't that breaking a law of some sort, seeing a BowTech shoot slow
Old 01-18-2004, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have been doing some similar things with my digital video camera...hopefully will be posting some short footage here on the forums. I believe my video manipulation software also allows me to slow the footage down. We shall see....
Old 01-18-2004, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys have wayyyyyyy too much time on your hands!

Seriously..if ya could get it to work, I think that would be really cool.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:33 PM

Well, I tried it tonight and though it did slow it down some more it's not like real slow motion footage. Picture quality suffers some but it's still not so bad that you can't see what you're looking at. I can't quite see my drop away actually dropping before the fletching gets there, but I know it does Still fun to watch your form on slo mo, I think everyone should!!!!!