Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Arrow rest for finger shooting >

Arrow rest for finger shooting

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow rest for finger shooting

Old 01-09-2004, 06:44 PM

Default Arrow rest for finger shooting

Can anyone suggest a good arrow rest for finger shooting? I have been using a quicktune (one prong) with a plunger but I am not real happy with it since changing to carbon arrows. I can get the fletching to clear because the arrow are smaller in diameter. I shoot 5" feather with a left helical because the 4" 4 fletch wants to kick off the rest. I also shoot alot of flu flu's for squirrel hunting so they need to work off of the rest too.

thanks in advance
HiLeft
Old 01-09-2004, 07:38 PM

Default RE: Arrow rest for finger shooting

I didn't have any luck with the QT 750. I kept tearing the bottom fletching no matter what I did. I ended up with a Cavalier SuperFlyte. I was shooting 2514's , but I think it should work well with carbons also. Some type of flipper rest should work for you though. Good luck.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Any flipper style rest will handle carbons or aluminums, feathers or vanes. No sweat. One of the best, simplest and most inexpensive is the good ol' springie rest. I'd recommend using that one only with feather fletch though.

Golden Key Futura has a ton of VERY good fingers rests.

www.goldenkeyarchery.com
Old 01-10-2004, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

NAP Centerest Flipper has been a favorite of mine for years. I even used one with a release until I found out how to get the biscuit to shoot well for me. The Plungerest was even better, with adjustable side tension, but that has been discontinued. Cavalier has some nice ones as well as GKF.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:13 AM

6 Fan: Where did you get the Cavalier SuperFlyte arrow rest? It might be something I'd be interested in.
Twoshot Jim
Old 01-13-2004, 11:44 AM

I believe you can order direct from their website, but I drove 3 hrs. to Claire, MI to get one ASAP, from Jay's, that's how desparate I was I had called around to different shops close to me, but none of them had that particular rest. I really liked the design of it and the price was pretty good too.(About 15.00 I think). After it was installed, no more torn fletchings. The QT750 should have worked ok, but for me it didn't. Good Luck!
Old 01-13-2004, 05:24 PM

The whisker biscuit arrowrest works fine with fingers or a release aid. Just make sure that you use the correct spine arrow for your bow and tune the bow and rest so that they work together and you will have good results. Good luck hunting!
Old 01-14-2004, 06:54 PM

If you don't have a slot in your shaft for the plunger to track, you may be stuck bending the arrow around the rest. Just increase either plunger tensios, or move position to left for a RH bow, and fling that arrow around.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:46 PM

NAP Plungerest Flipper. Great rest. Similar to the Centerest Flipper except it has a teflon coated wire flipper, and the whole thing plunges and is adjustable. Plus, you can trim the wire back if using thin carbon arrows.

I disagree with the statement that the whiskerbiscuit would work for fingers. I have the Easton video that shows, in superslow motion, how shot arrows react to the shot, and method of shooting. Finger shot arrows have way too much horizontal flexing to be shot with that rest.