Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 arrow rest for finger (glove) shooter? >

arrow rest for finger (glove) shooter?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

arrow rest for finger (glove) shooter?

Old 11-22-2005, 05:58 PM

Default arrow rest for finger (glove) shooter?

just bought a newcompoundbow and it came with a release set-up.
I shoot fingers with a glove.I took the loop off and tried to shoot with my glove.Everytime I draw the arrow pulls off the rest.
Is there someone who can help with my problem. Maybe a different arrow rest? What brand might work?
thanks, Dusty146
Old 11-22-2005, 06:58 PM

Default RE: arrow rest for finger (glove) shooter?

Just get a release!

How long is the axle to axle?
I think longer bows work better for finger shooting, less "pinch"

I would think almost any rest should work?

Sorry I don't have more info but I haven't shot fingers for a long time.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:02 PM

Welcome to the forums, dusty!! Glad to have you.

What style of rest is on the bow now? An arrow flexes from side to side with a finger shooter, and up and down for a release shooter. I believe you are going to need a rest with a plunger on the side. To be honest, I shoot with a release, so I am not well versed in the plunger style rest to give you an example.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

Whisker Biscuit??
Old 11-22-2005, 09:12 PM

Hi dusty, first off what kind of bow is it and what is the axle to axle length.
Also what kind of cams and what is the let off.
A longer axle to axle length is better. You will get less finger pinch.

I am a finger shooter and shoot with a tab.I have been a finger shooter for over 20 years.My bow is a hoyt protec and I am using a whisker Biscuit rest with carbon gold tip arrows set up with a muzzy 115 grain head. This set up works great for me.

The biscuit is the way to go if it will fit on the type of bow that you have. You will have less head aches when your drawing on that big boy and not worring about the arrow coming off or making a noise. I have been there and done that and it sucks.

If you dont like the biscuit or it wont fit, I would try a flipper style rest with a plunger.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Both Golden Key Futura and Cavalier make great fingers rests. I was using a Cavalier FreeFlyte micro adjust on my ProTec, until I got completely sick of compounds and went totally traditional. It's an excellent rest.

Try pulling lower with your elbow. You're probably putting too much pressure on the nock with your index finger, pinching the nock and forcing the arrow to pull up and off the rest. Make sure most of the pressure from the string is on your middle and ring fingers, not your index finger. It's gonna be hard to do until you get used to the draw cycle on that new bow.

If the bow is a shorty and causing finger pinch, you might have to go to a 2-under draw, dropping the index finger completely off the string. You could also shoot 2-finger split, using the index and middle finger, dropping off the ring finger.

Whatever you do, do not get a whisker bisquit with the thought the arrow won't come off the rest. That's like slapping a bandaid on a broken leg and hoping it'llheal.You're getting uneven pressure on the nock and you have to cure the problem, not cover it up. The wb will contain the arrowbutthe uneven pressure will still cause your accuracy to suck until you get things straightened out.

Or you could just go to the ultimate bandaid and shoot a release. [8D]

Old 11-23-2005, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here ya go, look at the first three on the page:

http://www.goldenkeyarchery.com/fave.html
Old 11-23-2005, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

good old flipper 2
Old 11-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dusty, for finger style check out the magnetic Terry rest with a Cavalier cushion plunger. Both are inexpensive and are adjustable for fine tuning. The launcher type rests are not the best for a clean release with fingers and definitely stay away from the whisker biscuit. Fine tuning with this rest is next to impossible with fingers. Check out Lancaster Archery Supply’s web page. Good to have another fingers shooter aboard.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:16 AM

Ok I am not going to get into much deeper as a few of you seem not to have a clue and are hook shooters and have not shot fingers for a while and have not tested out what you say doesnt work.

First of a biscuit can be tuned very well for a finger shooter...If you have not tested your self not go knocking it as I feel some are going by what they may read but not tested them self...

I have test and shot the flipper and the biscuit and have tuned them all well. But my first choice is the biscuit for many reason.....

for the one that says they can not be tuned you full of bs...as i have tuned mine vey well ...by paper testing and with field points and broadheads. all my arrows fly straight and true and I am shooting tight groups.

If you have a problem with it may your form needs work or have a pro watch you shoot.

I am not trying to piss guys off here as I dont write that much....but it does piss the crap out of me when some have not tried it (tested) them selfs..

I would put more wieght on what some one wrote here when they say they have tried and test some thing before knocking it down.

the real advice that dusty needs it to go and get a proper finger bow that fits him...and then set it up to his style of shooting that he is use to....But I know that not every one can go out and dish out $500-1000 for a good used or new bow.

Quick Reply: arrow rest for finger (glove) shooter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.