Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow balancing

Old 01-08-2004, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arrow balancing

Is there a chance I could split the end of the arrow by turning too much?
Darn right there is! You've just got to fly by the seat of your pants when you tighten them down. Make a little tweak and make a test twist on the nock to see how snug it is. You just want them snug enough to resist twisting, not tight enough to lock into place.

I can't stand GoldTip nocks. They're too tight and have a double snap. I'm with Rangeball about canning them and using better replacements.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bohnings fit nicer than the Easton Supers in the Goldtips..the Eastons can be a bit loose because Goldtip ID is teeny bit bigger,and the Bohnings seem to run a bit large too.

Your best bet though is to buy some of the Goldtip g-nock bushings and some A/C G nocks.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the tip on the nocks. I was going to replace them with orange ones anyway so this will be convenient.

Question: Howdo the Eastons or the better Gold Tip nock variants mount onto the arrow? Also, about how much you pay a pop for them?

Thanks,

Fritz
Old 01-09-2004, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your best bet though is to buy some of the Goldtip g-nock bushings and some A/C G nocks.
That's what I said, only much more subliminally...

Fritz, the g-nock bushing is kind of like a mini arrow insert. You glue it in the back end of the shaft. Then, you simply press the G-nock into it, it stays snug, but is still adjustable. If you shoot a lot of groups, the nock bushing helps protect the end of the arrow should it be impacted by another arrow.

Mine came with my ACCs, no idea what they cost seperately, and it's a good thing you want orange. That seems to be the most popular color available

I love the way g-nocks stay on a string yet let go so smoothly when they need to.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

mrFritz, if you decide to go with--the G-nock bushing and then insert the nock you will not be able to use the Gold tip LockNocks again on those shafts. Not without some heating and pulling to remove the glued G-bushings.
Also which ever way you going to take, do not use the GT Locknocks on some arrows and G-bushings on others--as your point of impact will 'change'.
It's either the bushings or the GT locknocks.