Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Custom Strings

Old 01-04-2004, 07:24 PM

Default Custom Strings

Hey guys, I hope all had a great Holiday and a Happy New Year! May the upcoming year be your best one yet!! Down to business....I need a new string for my Hoyt Ultratec cam & 1/2, and was wondering who makes the best??? I have used Mathews Zebra and Tiger strings on my Mathews before, but thought that would be sacriligious for my Hoyt. Any help would be appreciated!!
Old 01-04-2004, 07:52 PM

Default RE: Custom Strings

Tell you what son,

I have a winners choice on my Bowtech Extreme Solo, and that as far as im concerned is the only way to go, but hey if it works for you dont change it!

Good luck in your search
Old 01-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a winners choice on my bow. I know of several others who have gone to it. Won't buy any others as of yet.....
Old 01-04-2004, 09:33 PM

Oh yeah, only way to go as far as im concerned
Old 01-05-2004, 05:04 PM

Watch who you are calling son, there young fella.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:08 PM

I got a set of George Bowman's strings last summer. I really like them. Bow got a little quieter and a little faster. George makes a nice string and great guy to deal with.

JMAC
Old 01-05-2004, 10:24 PM

I would go with Berry Strings!!!! Very well made about half the price of Winners Choice!!!!!! Wayne is the owner/string maker, great guy to work with!!!!
Old 01-05-2004, 11:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Winners Choice. Put my first one on almost 1 1/2 years ago and aside from me messing with stuff myself (can't help it) I haven't had to retune yet due to string strech. Peep has not rotated out of view either.

I just e-mailed them about a slight serving separation on one of the very tight angles on the cam and even though the string is past the one year warranty period, they offered to either replace it with a new string for 1/2 price or I could send it in and they would reserve it for me. I got a response in less than 24 hours from them.

I will not use another string from now on.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:20 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-06-2004, 06:30 AM

The biggest difference in string quality is not in the materials used. It is the construction method. Some are much more careful and use techniques that make for a better string (better servings, no creep). You are not paying for string, you are paying for knowledge and technique.

Buying from a large company with great technique (like Winner's Choice), will cost more, but the string will preform very well. There are some great values out there, including some individual string makers , like Berry Strings, that will give you a great product at a lower price. I make my own, and they are the best, simply because I am so darn meticulous and careful when making the string for my own bow.

Quick Reply: Custom Strings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.