Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Mattews or Bowtech >

Mattews or Bowtech

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mattews or Bowtech

Old 01-03-2004, 09:13 PM

Default Mattews or Bowtech

Going to hang up my old whitetail hunter II bow. Am trying to decide to either go with mathews or bowtech compound: for bringing down big game, elk and deer, and possibly bear. Any help will be greatly appreciated.[:-]
Old 01-03-2004, 09:30 PM

Default RE: Mattews or Bowtech

Ding Ding Ding, lets get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shoot BowTech, so, I should say BowTech.....right?????? Nope. I say try them both. Shoot them both and see what works for you. Don't think about ANY SPECS, THE NAME OF THE COMPANY, OR THE PRICE!!!!!!!!! Go by what feels the best. For me, the Mathews just don't feel right, I am not sure why, I think it has to do with the grips, so, I chose BowTech as it just feels/fits me better! I will say that Mathews makes some AWSOME bows and you can't go "wrong" with either company, just decide which bow you buy due to how it feels!!!!!!

Also check out PSE, Hoyt, Reflex, Browning, Darton, Merlin, Martin, High Country, Alpine, Fred Bear, BuckMasters, Jennings, and any other bow you can get your hands on. You never know which company makes the bow for you unless you shoot as many different bows as possible. Don't just say " I have to get a Mathews or a BowTech". Explore the different options and choose the one that works for you best. Like I said before, DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE PRICE, SPEED, COMPANY NAME, ECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BY HOW THE BOW FEELS TO YOU!!!!!
Old 01-03-2004, 09:56 PM

Thanx for the helpful info Buck Magnet. I really like the LX , but I also like the pro 40, tough choice.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

These are both great bow's good luck on deciding ! I know how you feel I'm trying to make a decision on which Bow Tech , don't mind me I also like Mathew's but I like the feel of the Bow Tech better.

nubo
Old 01-03-2004, 10:33 PM

WELL MY FRIEND I NOW SHOOT A BOWTECH EXTREME VFT. I CAN SAY THAT I CANT BE MORE PLEASED WITH IT. I HAVE SHOT A JENNINGS BUCKMASTER FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH IT I JUST WANTED SOMETHING FASTER. I THINK YOU JUST NEED TO SHOOT ALL THE BOWS FOR YOUR SELF AND SEE WHICH FEELS RIGHT FOR YOU. JUST DONT WORRY ABOUT THE PRICE I TAKE BOWHUNTING VERY SERIOUS AND I FEEL IF YOU ARE GONNA BUY GOOD GEAR THAT IS GONNA LAST THAT IT IS OK TO SPEND MONEY ON QUALITY GEAR. AS FAR AS THE MATHEWS GOES I HAVE NEVER SHOT ONE SO I CANT COMPARE IT.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:02 AM
Typical Buck

If customer service has anything to do with your decision, then its Bowtech all the way. I hear they bend over backwards to make their customers happy while Mathews customer servuce comes across as a bunch of snots.

I say make em pay for not hearing the needs of their custmers.

Fritz
Old 01-04-2004, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that both companies make a great product. I would have to agree to find the one that fits you the best.I am sure that you and that whitetail II have many memories together as you will with whatever bow you so choose...............Bulls,Bugles,Bogs and Black timber.[]
Old 01-04-2004, 09:19 AM
BB9

Funny Buck Magnet. I was thinking the same thing when I saw the topic of the thread. RobinHood36, Buck Magnet is right on. I would take his first paragraph and replace Mathews instead, but his point is try and find what YOU like. There are a lot of good bows out there. Pick the one that feels best to you.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:36 AM

Don't ask us, we will go back and forth, you have to decode on your own!
Old 01-04-2004, 11:39 AM

I do have some great memoirs with the old whitetail 2, but it's time to retire it and move on with the great bows that are out there being built. For right now I'm leaning towards the LX. Just seems so smooooth when releasing the arrow.I greatly appreciate all the responses from you all, ROBINHOOD 36... [

Got some steak and some taters on the grill boys!!!

Quick Reply: Mattews or Bowtech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.