Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hey JeffB...

Old 12-31-2003, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hey JeffB...

Any word on when you'll get your 80# limbs?

Very anxious to ask you to run a few quick tests when you do
Old 12-31-2003, 04:06 PM

Default RE: Hey JeffB...

Hey Range,, my wife did draw a 60 pound Liberty,,,,, with a 29 inch draw at that! She is one of those archers that if you turn her bow up more than a few pounds heavier than what she's been shooting, she can't get it back. She was shocked that she could draw that bow!!!! I'm waiting on Jeff's 80 pounder report also.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Walks...

Bump for Jeff...
Old 01-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry Range...missed this thread before.

My answer to your question is "Yes...Not any time soon because I cancelled the order"

I'm perfectly happy w/ the bow the way it is, so I'm not changing a thing! Maybe later in the year I'll get bored w/ it and want 80 pound limbs but right now, I'm really enjoying the supa-smooth draw, the speed is very good, and the bow is proving to be extremely accurate for me. I'm hesitant to mess with such a good thing

I apologize if it's any inconvenience to you [:'(]
Old 01-06-2004, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Damn the bad luck...

I was hoping to see how an 80#er backed down to 70# fared against a 70# maxed in speed, noise and recoil/vibration.

If it was close, thought I'd go with 80# limbs to give me more versatility, should I decide to go with a bowtech.

Any chrony numbers from your bad boy yet?
Old 01-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ahh..I see. Sorry

I suspect the 70 pounder maxed will be the faster less recoiling bow..

When you back the limbs out you are giving up some pre-load, and altering cam timing, plus the heavier poundage limbs are just plain thicker w/ more mass and thus will have an effect on recoil...About the only benefit is a higher brace height for the draw weight

That's not true in all cases..but generally is.

I have not chronoed it yet (have plans to do so this weekend w/ a few different arrowshafts), but my perception is the bow is not slow by any means. It seems much faster than my Cougar III SE and PSE Enforcer, and If I were to harbor a guess it would be right in between the 2002 Patriot SC and Mathews Legacy for speed.

I'll let you know for sure soon
Old 01-06-2004, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

That'll be a big help, looking forward to the numbers, as you're draw length is right on with mine...
Old 01-06-2004, 02:56 PM

Jeff,
I'm also curious to see what kind of numbers you're getting as I have the same 70 lb/29" Liberty. Speed isn't critical to me because I'm fairly certain that no matter how heavy the arrow, I'm still going to be getting more than the whopping 235 fps I got out of my last bow.

Range,
I admire your self control. I too was planning on waiting to see what several manufacturers had for '04 but I finally gave in & shot the Liberty. And after shooting it for a while I just couldn't help but bring it home with me.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes it pays to be a cheap, uh, fish excrement

Plus, I haven't shot any of the new bows yet. Sometimes it pays to live in the sticks...