Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Tell me this about the Liberty... >

Tell me this about the Liberty...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tell me this about the Liberty...

Old 12-22-2003, 12:15 PM

Default Tell me this about the Liberty...

I am currently shooting a patriot dually and even though it has a large brace height (7.75" or so) due to the design of the riser when the rest is set for centershot, the string is near the outer edge of the grip. This means I have to be careful (wear an armguard) when wearing enough clothes to stay warm bowhunting this time of year. [:@]

How does the string align to the grip when set for centershot on the new Liberty? How about the new Pro 40 dually?? These are two of my contenders for 2004.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tell me this about the Liberty...

live2bowhunt,
I just checked my 2004 Liberty vs a 2003 Pro40 Dually to double check for you and I noticed last season what you did with the 2003's .......obviously so did BowTech.
They redesigned the risers on almost all the 2004's, slid the entire sight window over giving you a much wider field of view and on some sights you'll be able to see your entire sight aperture.
Tagging along with this benefit (Or the other way around) is the one you alluded to in your post.......by moving the sight window over and widening the arrow shelf, centershot on the 2004's now sits at the centerline of the grip. (My Liberty appears to be exactly in the center.
I would expect to see this on all the top end 2004's with maybe the exception of the Pro40 Wheely (On a 2003 riser) and the Ex_VFT. although I never owned either of these bows.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:43 PM

Thanks so much Matt! I think a new 2004 model will be in my future since they corrected the alignment issue.

Do you think the liberty would be as accurate/forgiving as the pro 40 dually?
Old 12-22-2003, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

live2,
You're welcome.......
As accurate and forgiving as the Pro40 Dually? Hard to say.....depends who is shooting them because they are very different bows. If someone doesn't do well with lower let-off, higher holding weight and/or high energy dual cams they naturally probably aren't going to shoot the Pro40 Dually as well a bow like the Liberty.
On paper the Pro40 Dually is probably the more shooter friendly platform, but the cams on each bow are VERY different so its hard to say how it will work out in your hands.
I can tell you this, for a med-short ATA bow the Liberty is very accurate......I shot a Pro40 Dually all last 3D season and I spent some serious time behind the Liberty at my club this past weekend and I think I shoot it darn near every bit as well as I did my "Target" rig.
It feels like a longer bow both in stability and balance.
I do have a Pro40 Freedom cam as my entire "Wish List" after I shot one, and I want it for a dedicated 3D bow. I'm not going to kid myself by believing that my Liberty is going to be as inherently accurate for target applications as the Pro40 but its a heck of a good shooting bow.

I'm curious as to why you have the Pro40 Dually or the Liberty in mind as your 2 choices? They are quite different.........What do you want the bow to do for you? 3D........3D/Hunting.....just hunting?
Old 12-22-2003, 09:12 PM

Matt/PA is dead on about the Liberty feeling larger than it is. That is to be expected by the long riser/parralell limbs, BUT, it still feels longer than that also. I am not sure if the large idler weel/cam on the Liberty helps out even more, but it seems like it to me.

As far as accuracy goes, the Liberty is definetly going to be a very accurate hunting bow. It might not be as accurate as the Pro40's but, it is gonna be close. If you are just using it for hunting, the Liberty is MORE than accurate enough for hunting.

If you are looking at the Pro40's check out the Freedom cam and wheely models. My tech guy who shoots 3-D very seriously picked up the 04 Pro40 wheely as his new target bow. He is still gonna use his 03 Patriot for hunting as he likes the manuverability, but, for targets, he is using the Pro40.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:53 AM

I am looking for an extremely accurate bow to do primarily hunting, but some 3d hopefully. 3D shooting has kind of died in our area, but I am going to try to work with some friends to organize some small scale shoots in the spring.

As you probably know, Georgia has a long rifle season and lots of people in our area put the bows away when it opens. I tend to stick with the bow throughout the season as I am basically at that point in my hunting career. Anyway, the bows are put away for a lot of people until about 2 weeks before archery season opens - 3rd week in Sept.

My patriot dually is a good shooter and I have used it to kill 2 bucks this year. I am torn with the new models between sacrificing some of my current speed for smoother draw. The new I-cam might be a compromise, but I'm really, really torn right now.

Does anyone know about nock travel issues with the new I-cam? I understand that the freedom cam was developed to offer more straight line travel.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tagging along with this benefit (Or the other way around) is the one you alluded to in your post.......by moving the sight window over and widening the arrow shelf, centershot on the 2004's now sits at the centerline of the grip. (My Liberty appears to be exactly in the center.
Same on my MM VFT.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your full of it, Matt. Have a nice holidays season, even though you shoot a BowTech.

Barry
Old 12-23-2003, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Same on my MM VFT.
Me Three
Old 12-23-2003, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Barry,
Full of it? At least I can see and hear good!
Keep it up and seeing will be the least of your worries.[:-]

Don't be shy either.....tell everyone what you really thought of the new Bowtechs.
What other bow could have pulled off that shot you saw?

You have a great Holiday Barry talk to you probably in a week or so.

Quick Reply: Tell me this about the Liberty...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.