HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tell me this about the Liberty...
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 08:59 PM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tell me this about the Liberty...

live2,
You're welcome.......
As accurate and forgiving as the Pro40 Dually? Hard to say.....depends who is shooting them because they are very different bows. If someone doesn't do well with lower let-off, higher holding weight and/or high energy dual cams they naturally probably aren't going to shoot the Pro40 Dually as well a bow like the Liberty.
On paper the Pro40 Dually is probably the more shooter friendly platform, but the cams on each bow are VERY different so its hard to say how it will work out in your hands.
I can tell you this, for a med-short ATA bow the Liberty is very accurate......I shot a Pro40 Dually all last 3D season and I spent some serious time behind the Liberty at my club this past weekend and I think I shoot it darn near every bit as well as I did my "Target" rig.
It feels like a longer bow both in stability and balance.
I do have a Pro40 Freedom cam as my entire "Wish List" after I shot one, and I want it for a dedicated 3D bow. I'm not going to kid myself by believing that my Liberty is going to be as inherently accurate for target applications as the Pro40 but its a heck of a good shooting bow.

I'm curious as to why you have the Pro40 Dually or the Liberty in mind as your 2 choices? They are quite different.........What do you want the bow to do for you? 3D........3D/Hunting.....just hunting?