Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Y'all should have seen ChiefHeadhunter... >

Y'all should have seen ChiefHeadhunter...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Y'all should have seen ChiefHeadhunter...

Old 12-21-2003, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Y'all should have seen ChiefHeadhunter...

I met the Chief (Chad) at the IBO Nationals in Bedford earlier this year so...

In my travels of southern Indiana, I had to go by ChiefHeadhunter 's hometown so I dropped him an e-mail to get his phone number. Well, long story short, I stopped by his house so he could check out the 2004 line (some of which he's seen at the local dealer)...

Talk about a guy acting giddy as a little kid... It was really cool to see his reactions and to hear his comments...[:-] Actually it was funny to watch...

He even called me on my cell phone later to thank me again (for the umpteenth time...LOL...)

I'm pretty sure he'll be posting here about it when he gets to work... Heck, he even took some really cool pictures that I think he's gonna share with us all when he can....

BTW, I don't generally make house calls so don't be asking...
Old 12-21-2003, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Y'all should have seen ChiefHeadhunter...

Pat.

So in other words your trying to say that both of you where acting like 2 giggly teenage school girls

BTW you make a good pair[:-]
Old 12-22-2003, 09:17 AM

Russell- Do I sense some jealousy???[:-] It was like a dream come true for me. Are there any models I could give you my impression of? I'd do it as a personal favor to you . Ok, I guess I'll quit rubbing it in now......

Pat, first of all let me say, "thanks a ton", in case I forgot to mention that. Anything I could ever do for ya, just holler. Need parts for your lawn or power equipment or whatever? I mean it. Anything ever needs tested or evaluated; I might be able to swing that too .

I'm picturing myself yesterday and I probably was a bit silly to say the least. Come on, who wouldn't have been? I'm usually not that much fun.....

The choices we have with the line are fantastic. There is a bow there for every taste, in my opinion. Funny how all of these bows have their own unique personality and find a way of standing apart from its siblings. There wasn't a bow I disliked in the bunch and the company has done a fine job of offering a complete spectrum of state of the art archery equipment, without a doubt. Solid bows that shoot so nicely with no more than factory silencing, I predict these babies are going to sell like crazy. Bravo Bowtech, keep up the great work.....

Bowtech has a great guy working for them. He conducts himself very well and is a fine representative. I relate to him on many levels, and he's much easier to listen to than some of the SR's I've spoken with. Straightforward and never a slam, which isn't always easy. I even tried to divert the conversation at one point and he steered right around my landmine and avoided the slamfest completely. He must work on that. Good show...you're pretty slick!

Oh yeah, carrying demos in 60 lbs at my draw length or slightly more was too good to be true. And I would have had to drive all over the Midwest to get to shoot even half of these babies, and not side by side with the same draw length, weight, arrow, etc. My only recommendations would be to carry an IBO legal arrow (5 grains per/ or 300gr) to demonstrate how well they maintain their shooting characteristics and smoothness at the minimum grains per lb. I did this at the shop with the Pro40F-cam and it made much less difference than I would have thought. 125 grains was noticeable, if you were looking for it that is. Secondly, throw a cheap bag target in the bed of the Bowtechmobile to whip out at those shops that don't have a lane to test shoot but do have a back lot or whatever.

Bowtech really has done a tremendous job in such a short amount of time. I see a very bright future for these guys. They are doing it right!

Hey Pat... can I say thanks again??????

-Chief
Old 12-22-2003, 10:23 AM

Duallies???? So how about the Pro40 Dually???
Old 12-22-2003, 11:07 AM

WOW!!! I'm impressed,,,, o uh I mean uh JEALOUS!!!!! Sounds like you guys hit it off very well and what a line up on the hood of the truck I'd bet all the local deer could sense danger for miles!!!! I kilt a nice doe with my Pat Dually last night to end my '03 season. Now I can't wait till spring to hunt turkeys!!!!
Old 12-22-2003, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's no truck!

Pat called me last night and he told me about what was in that garage!

I'll say two things 1970....LT1 engine...

BTW, he did say Chad was giddy like a schoolgirl
Old 12-23-2003, 07:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

BTW, I don't generally make house calls so don't be asking...
Yeah, but Pat, I have many things to offer....you name it, its yours....just pass a little bit more east next time...
Old 12-23-2003, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Russell- Do I sense some jealousy??? It was like a dream come true for me. Are there any models I could give you my impression of? I'd do it as a personal favor to you . Ok, I guess I'll quit rubbing it in now......
Chad.

Me jealous ????????? Hell yeah I have been inviting Pat to come down to Texas for 2 years now but he wont come near the place[:-]

He wont even come to the PBR event here and thats his job[][&:]

Guess I will have to change my after shave[:-][]

So which bow ya gonna get?

I picked up my Justice on Friday and waiting patiently for my Black Knight to arrive.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:50 AM

Russell,

I'm going to be testing the P40 wheelie and F-cam. Whichever I find to be more suitable for my Fita stuff will be my next. Thanks for asking.

BTW, if you were me and I were you and I said I wasn't jealous and I said I wasn't joking then I would, infact- be lying[].

I truely am gratefull to Pat.

-Chief