Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowmender Bow Press >

Bowmender Bow Press

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowmender Bow Press

Old 12-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bowmender Bow Press

As some might remember a few weeks back there where some questions about Bow presses.
Well I jokingly said in a post that Walks With a Gimp should send me one of his presses to do an independant test.
Well to my surprise he sent me one to test.

I will say to start off with that the press turn up very well packaged.

It is very well made and strong a lot stronger than any other portable press out there.

Once I had the press put together it was time to put the bow in and test this baby out.

I know that in some of the post on the other thread there was some concerns about the strap being in the way for putting peeps in.

Well those that where concerned can forget about it as there is plenty of room to install peeps.

The press puts no pressure on the riser which IMO is a great idea.
The press actually cradles and supports the limbs with one part of the press on the inside of the limb at the pocket and the other on the outside of the limb.

I also like the rachet up rachet down strap as you can slowly let the pressure off the limbs.

The press is very portable and can be used just about anywhere you want too and does not take up much room when not in use.

The only down fall I found was with the instructions altho they are clear and precise the pics are a little hard to make out. Just maybe Walks needs a new toner in his copier or maybe just use b/w pics.
Sorry Walks but I had to try and find a fault

Would I recomend this press you bet I do it works great and you should be able to use it on all bows including the Hoyt Tec risers as well as all different size ATA bows and the different limb angled bows from conventional to parrell limbs.

All in all I would rate this press a 9.5 out of 10 sorry Walks had to knock off 1/2 a point because of the pics in the instructions

Those that are looking for a good reliable press get in touch with Walks and get your order in you wont be sorry.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:40 AM

Default RE: Bowmender Bow Press

Looks real good. I like the way it stands on its own, as this would make working on the bow much easier. I currently use a Bowmaster, because I do not break down my bow that often. However, with one of Walks presses I would be more willing as I would not have to hold the bow in my lap or with the other hand.

How do we get one and what is the cost?
Old 12-05-2003, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

HD.
Just get in contact with Walks With a Gimp on here either by PM or email he can fill you in on the cost details.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:05 PM

Wow Ausie!! You don't waste any time do you[8D] I wonder, how did the shipping box hold up? I've sold about 38 of them so far and haven't heard much back on them, I'm assuming they are working out OK for everyone The pics are from scanned photos before I got my Sony digital camera and have been going to re shoot the instruction pics. E-mail me at; [email protected] for info and I hope Ausie will accept questions also[&:] Ya gotta earn that demo unit somehow Ausie Thanks again for the review Russ!
Old 12-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Walks.
The shipping box held up well it was still in 1 piece when it got here
The packaging was great no nicks or scratches on any of the parts.

Yep if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking portable bow press. I've used the 'psyclone porta press' and have busted the string on that twice already--can't tell you how scared I get using it when it's necessary. Will try to make email contact with WWG and see what I can arrange. Impressive!!
Old 12-06-2003, 07:24 PM

great review , i'm glad you added in that it will work with tec risers ,i'm gonna have to save up my money and get one of those babies![:-]
Old 12-06-2003, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

xibowhunter
Seeing there is no part of this press on the actual riser it is going to work great with the TEC risers.
Like I said in the review it only touches the limbs on the inside near the pocket and the outside of the limbs near the cam/idler.

I have a buddy that has a Hoyt so I will go see him and put his bow in the press and take some pics and post them here so you can get a better idea of how well it will work on the TEC risers
Old 12-06-2003, 09:16 PM
nub

What gauge steel are you useing? Think we could get a close up pic of the welds that join the verticle piece to the main piece with the adjustable holes in it? And since Russ takes such great pics, how bout one looking through from end to end?
Old 12-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nub.

Here is a pic of the weld. I dont know the guage of the steel Walks will have to give that info.
I will post an end on shot in the next day or so as I am in a lazy mood

Quick Reply: Bowmender Bow Press

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.