Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
xi velocity extreme >

xi velocity extreme

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

xi velocity extreme

Old 02-05-2002, 02:45 PM

Default xi velocity extreme

I just bought this bow for a little bit of nothing, not knowing much about it. The XI website doesnt have anything about it. I paper tuned it and shot it through my chronoghraph with 29 in ics 340s and 100 gr field points and it shot 316 fps. It seems like a decent bow once you get over the low brace height. Does anybody have any information on this bow.
Old 02-05-2002, 06:01 PM
Spike

Default RE: xi velocity extreme

I had one several years ago,when they first came out. I had nothing but trouble with it. After I had shot it for about a week, I noticed the limbs were in different positions after each shot. You could grab the ends of the limbs and move them back and forth. The limbs were moving in the limb pockets. I sent it back to XI and they put different limb pockets on it. It still didn't solve the problem. I shot it for a while and the limbs started to look like they were getting twisted. XI didn't seem very interested in helping me out so I just gave the bow away and bought a PSE. I don't want to discourage you about your bow, but it was just a huge headache for me.
Old 02-06-2002, 04:43 AM

Default RE: xi velocity extreme

A good friend of mine had that bow... and all of it's problems. Apparently the limb pockets (rockers?) were severely "under-engineered". Like Roller, he also went through a couple sets of limb pockets before giving up on the bow. It was a speed demon, but you had to pay the price for the fps. One of the loudest bows I've ever heard, and he never could keep accessories attached. We were warming up for a 3-d shoot and heard a loud snap, turned out to be the stabilizer breaking off at the base.

That being said, if the limb pockets hold up it has potential to be a good speed rig. Limb savers weren't on the market back then, and I'm guessing they would have made a big difference in the noise and vibration. Personally, I would trick it out with every noise/vibration reducer on the market if I planned on using the bow for awhile. Won't do anything for bad limb pockets, but who knows, maybe you got a decent set that will hold up.