Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Timing

Old 11-25-2003, 02:38 PM

Default Mathews Timing

Is there a trick to getting a new string on a Legacy and the timing correct? Mine is in the need of a new string and I was thinking of buying a portable press and doing it myself probably with a Newberry or other string. Just wondering if anyone has been there and done that and could pass on some info.

Then agian might just take it to pro-shop and have it done but, I am certian in my ability to do it myself and hate being at the mercy of pro-shops.

Thanks
Old 11-25-2003, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mathews Timing

Assuming you install them right, a correct length string and cable should put your cam in it' s maximum performance position. Perhaps your owner' s manual has a pic of the cam in it' s proper position? If not, get a pick from the manufacturer. As your string/cable shoots in, you can twist things back into time to again maximize cam rotation and perfomance.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:58 PM

Default RE: Mathews Timing

Your cams timing is set correctly when the 2 small holes in the cam are lined up parrallel to the string. One hole is on the top side of the cam (and has the cam I.D. numbers printed beside it) ....the other one is the same size and is located toward the bottom of the cam. Hope that helps !