Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

04 Hoyts

Old 11-04-2003, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default 04 Hoyts

http://www.hoytusa.com/products/xtec...80096457310955
Old 11-05-2003, 06:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 04 Hoyts

I am glad to see that they have the website up and running. I picked up my Vipertec along with some catalogs yesterday when I was down at the shop. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet though I did finish setting it up last night. I smell a review in the making....
Old 11-05-2003, 06:33 AM

PA,

I' m interseted to see how this does compared to the Razortec. I love my Rtec and can' t imagine that the Viper can be any smoother.....waiting anxiously for your review
Old 11-05-2003, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of course it' ll be smoother and quieter, they knocked 10 fps off of it

I kinda like the looks of it. Wish it had more oomph...
Old 11-05-2003, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mshane
I love my Rtec and can' t imagine that the Viper can be any smoother.....
I' ve shot it. It' s definitely smoother shooting than a Razor. Less recoil.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I did shoot it once down at the shop before I had it fully set up and I would have to agree with Jeff based on that one shot so far. It does have less felt recoil than the Razortec. The longer riser coupled with the shorter, more parallel limbs definitely changes the way the bow feels. Plus, it seems to balance a bit better in my hand when compared with the Razortec.

Rangeball is right though. The speed rating is definitely slower than the Razortec as well despite the fact they are both close in axle to axle length and brace height. However, it was only a few short years ago that Hoyt went with the dual track idler on many of their bows which, in turn, slowed the IBO rating down to around 8-10 fps on many models. I found many of those bows to be faster than their listed IBO rating.

Sometimes manufacturers do actually rate conservatively....
Old 11-05-2003, 10:47 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-05-2003, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

To be honest with you, I do not know. Hoyt' s literature states that it " increases the lateral stiffness and balance of the riser. It provides for the highest level of consistancy and accuracy...."

Though I fail to see the benefit I am sure that someone should be able to enlighten us. A shoot through harness I can understand...and even a true shoot through riser that can be shot either right or left handed...but the Hoyt models have me a little baffled. Anybody want to take any bets on whether or not the Hoyt pros will use them this year to compete?
Old 11-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

The shoot through should allow for better follow through.When a bow is shot correctly and is setup and balanced correctly,the bow should want to go straight ahead or just sit there without moving side to side at all when shot.In return the overused phrase of more forgiving applies.

It should also balance well in the hand without wanting to sway one way or the other.Basically your level should want to be level without effort from you.This was a problem for some with the previous 2003 models.I was one.I had to make a side bar stabilizer to fit in the small hole in the riser and I never needed weight on the side of a bow before.I have developed a feel for the bow now and have done away with the side stabilizer but that is the basic reason for the shoot through.I think the extra small grip is part of the reason for this.

I for one think the basic design is a good one for tournament but for hunting would be quite the pain in the rear to use.

I would love to be shooting the Proelite but can' t justify the cost as of yet.I have a 2003 Ultratec so I will be shooting it,besides,the longer you shoot a bow the better feel you develope and the better you will shoot.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

TFOX, I think you described my problem to a ' T' with my 03' Cybertec. That balance issue combine with the small grip has made my new bow less enjoyable. I talked to the dealer today about it. He' s trying to get me into a 04' Hoyt but I' ve been strongly considering the 04' Bowtechs. Decisions, decisions.

Quick Reply: 04 Hoyts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.