HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 04 Hoyts
Thread: 04 Hoyts
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 06:03 PM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 04 Hoyts

The shoot through should allow for better follow through.When a bow is shot correctly and is setup and balanced correctly,the bow should want to go straight ahead or just sit there without moving side to side at all when shot.In return the overused phrase of more forgiving applies.

It should also balance well in the hand without wanting to sway one way or the other.Basically your level should want to be level without effort from you.This was a problem for some with the previous 2003 models.I was one.I had to make a side bar stabilizer to fit in the small hole in the riser and I never needed weight on the side of a bow before.I have developed a feel for the bow now and have done away with the side stabilizer but that is the basic reason for the shoot through.I think the extra small grip is part of the reason for this.

I for one think the basic design is a good one for tournament but for hunting would be quite the pain in the rear to use.

I would love to be shooting the Proelite but can' t justify the cost as of yet.I have a 2003 Ultratec so I will be shooting it,besides,the longer you shoot a bow the better feel you develope and the better you will shoot.