Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Buss cable help

Old 08-29-2017, 06:16 PM
Spike

Default Buss cable help

I need a new buss cable for my Bear Buckmaster 3000 bow but I can't find any specs on it. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 09-20-2017, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

Does that bow have a split yoke that is part of the string or does the yoke go through a loop in the cable. Either way try to measure the length of the cable with a tape measure. A soft tape used for sizing pants and shirts works best. This should give you a real close idea as to what length you need. If your cable is broken that is a different story. I just built a cable for a friends old jennings and it was about 2 inches longer than his axle to axle length. I am asuming this is a single cam bow as the cables for them has not changed much over the years. Even Hoyt buss cables are similar on their cam and a half bows. Have you tried looking on the Bear web site for your bow under the tune chart section or specs section. I hope this was some help. o you build your own strings or are you just looking to order one from some one?
Old 09-20-2017, 08:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Give Bear Archery a call Bear Archery 817 Maxwell Ave Evansville, IN 47711 Phone: (812) 467-1200 Fax: (812) 467-1300.
Or if you have a Bear Archery dealer around call them. They should have the specs for it.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:51 PM
Spike

Thanks for the help!! I am looking to buy the buss cable. I did look for specs on bear website but they did not have them on there. again thanks!!