Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Got a response from mathews >

Got a response from mathews

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Got a response from mathews

Old 10-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Got a response from mathews

Here is an email that I received from the tech department at mathews. I have been contacting them about the ideas and suggestions that I received from my post on what would you like to see from mathews in 2004. Here is the letter, and please keep responding to the other post because they might be looking into it.

Rodney, let me say that if we are backed into a corner it is a good
corner to be in with a fantastic view. Not only do we feel and stand behind
the one cam being the correct path to go down but record sales again for
September and October of 2003 back this statement. Yes Matt will continue to
pursue his Guitar business and his Gospel music as this is what he likes to
do. I think that you will be impressed with what we will have to offer this
year and am very excited to get it started myself !! Something else you
might be interested to know is that the competitor that you had previously
mentioned lost two of their top shooters, , not to us but it is another
single cam bow manufacturer. Don' t know the reasons, probably money but it
will be interesting to here what their feelings are on shooting the cam 1/2.

Matt has a lot of new innovations to offer in the future to further
increase the stability and growth of Mathews, but you have to be careful
when you bring them out as something' s are just to much to fast !!
Rodney, trust me ! We are just getting warmed up ! You cant run a 99 yard
play on every down but we will give it our best shot and to remain at the
top of our game for sometime to come !!!

Shoot through riser' s ? That play wasn' t perfected in the first quarter
!!!

THANKS
ART HENDERSIN
WARRANTY/TECH
MATHEWS INC.

Old 10-29-2003, 08:55 PM

Default RE: Got a response from mathews

I wonder what so called " innovations" they have planned for this year. The roller guard is pretty much worthless and doens' t change performance of the bow, in fact all I' ve read on it is that it caused lots of headaches with cable wear. String suppressors?...You know you are getting desperate when that is the biggest imporovment for a model year. I just don' t like the idea of a hole in my limb at that point. Parrallel limb design, please, I don' t see hoyt going parralel, and they seem quite comfortable being ahead of mathews setting all these new records with the cam.5. Sure they are backed into a corner and I don' t think they do have a good view, because I believe that the view looks better from ahead than it does behind...does anyone concure on this? The v-lock limb cup system, what a joke. I just saw a really really old jennings bow with a forged riser at a yardsale that had the same exact thing. The only thing mathews can do to keep up with the new trend of 2 cams, duallys, and cams that are greater than one but less than two is to market there own. Maybe come out with stronger limbs and how bout some better customer service. Slap some winners choice strings and cables on as stock and stop using your inferior zebra twist strings...they creep, they suck, bite the bullet and get over it. I would suggest dumping the roller guard, its useless. Also, better grips and how bout some mossy oak camo instead of bill jergins camo. I' m a fan of solid limbs so keep them, how bout a pivoting limb pocket, and an adjustable cam. I' m sorry for rambling on but man do I hate mathews. I hate there advertising and I pretty much made my conclusion on the company and the people who run it based on that. They remind me of the older brother who doesnt like being shown up by the younger so he' ll do dirty tricks to make them look superior and the younger inferior, only instead making a complete horses ass out themeselves and making the younger shine in the process.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:50 PM

If you dont like anything about them then by all means DONT BUY ONE......But the new shoot through riser now thats a big step forward...... To each his own ....Thank God or we would' nt have anything to complain over......
Old 10-29-2003, 10:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

But the new shoot through riser now thats a big step forward
Hawgz

I think you will find that there have been shoot through risers in the past so nothing really new about them.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

!! Something else you
might be interested to know is that the competitor that you had previously
mentioned lost two of their top shooters, , not to us but it is another
single cam bow manufacturer.
Shoot through riser' s ? That play wasn' t perfected in the first quarter
!!!

If they use the time and effort they spend bashing Hoyt on their own products maybe they will be at the top of the archery world again some day![:' (]

Old 10-30-2003, 02:31 AM

Ausie-Guy........Yep I know I was being...well smart to Doc about Mathews innovations.... And BF what makes you think they are not still at the top????? Still ahead of Hoyt in sales....[]
Old 10-30-2003, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you have a copy of your e-mail to them too?

It' s good that they responded to your e-mail but why must they single out another bow company in their reply?

Heck, it' s public knowledge Mathews has a beef with Hoyt... First with the cam.5 and they' re already talking bad about the shoot through riser bow Hoyt' s making...I can' t believe they even include it in their e-mails... Well, yes I can...

I' ve been responsible for doing BowTech' s technical e-mails for almost two years now and if I downed another company like that (or in any way) I would probably loose my job with BowTech.

JMHO.... I know it don' t count as much though...

Old 10-30-2003, 04:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

After reading that reply email I just have to go read the Mathews thread....

Old 10-30-2003, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

All I mentioned in my e-mail to mathews was about the ideas and suggestions that were being posted, and the fact that it seems that one of their biggest competitions seems to be hoyt. This is obvious because of the marketing and information that we hear and read about in practically every magazine we look at. Right now, I like to shoot mathews, but believe me if hoyt, bowtech, pse, ect. makes something I enjoy shooting more, then thats what I would shoot. I am not a one company person. It' s funny, I have two proshops within 20 minutes of my home, and one is a mathews dealer and the other a hoyt reflex.[:-] I would love to shoot a bowtech, just to see what they are like, but no one close deals them around here that I know of. Like I mentioned in my other post, I , in no way want to turn this into an arguement about different companies, or down each others choice of equipment in any way, I just wanted to see if mathews would listen to the ideas of shooters currently using their equipment. If I were shooting any other bow, I would do the same thing.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

If they use the time and effort they spend bashing Hoyt on their own products maybe they will be at the top of the archery world again some day![:' (]
I agree. I was really turned off by all of their recent adds. Personally I don' t care about their beef with another company. To me it' s just like the mud slinging the politicians use in their campaigns. It' s annoying.

Quick Reply: Got a response from mathews

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.