Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Point of impact shift >

Point of impact shift

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Point of impact shift

Old 08-19-2016, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes Bronko but your experience was with DIFFERENT bows causing a shift in your bow hold more than likely. His is with a bow that he is very familiar with and the POI shift happened all of a sudden. WB's have this problem very commonly because of bristle wear. The Bowtech Fuel, even at just 55 pounds, is a pretty speedy bow. It will fire those carbons pretty quick and cause serious wear pretty quickly on those junky rests because of the friction. If you couldn't tell, I don't like the WB's all that much
Old 09-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

If he's only 8 months into archery - it might as well be a different bow every time he picks it up.

I do it all the time to myself, and I'm a lot more than 8mos into archery. I have a couple Mathews bows and a Bowtech. One of my Mathews is set up for high wrist, the rest of my bows are all gripped for my shooting style - to heel the holy he11 out of them.

If I shoot the high wrist Mathews the way I shoot the rest, by heeling it, the POI will CONSISTENTLY be different. If I get in high wrist mode with it, then come back and thumb my Destroyer, it's POI will be CONSISTENTLY different.

I also flop back and forth between a wrist release and a T release, even throwing a back-tension in there (still not convinced I want to fully convert over for hunting). Changing between releases ends up changing my anchor point, and ends up changing my POI. Is it enough to notice at 30yrds? Eh, not really. Get out to 60, and it sure is.

So it could be the bow. Not saying it's not. But more often than not, unless there's some "injurous event" where the bow takes on some physical change, it's the indian, not the arrow. Or bow, in this case.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

NoMercy I too switch back and forth between a T type release and a wrist release. I don't get any difference in POI between them. I do this so I don't develop that demon known as target panic. Regularly switching back and forth forces me to squeeze the trigger until it goes off by "surprise" rather than getting on target and punching the trigger.