Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker biscuit

Old 08-29-2016, 05:47 PM
Spike

Default Whisker biscuit

It looks like to me the whisker biscuit would take away from power and speed when the fletching goes through the whiskers.Can anyone tell me a definite yay or nay on whether they do?I would appreciate it greatly.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most definitely a YES to your question. They slow your arrows and destroy fletching. Stupidest and most poorly thought out rest design of all time.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Most definitely a YES to your question. They slow your arrows and destroy fletching. Stupidest and most poorly thought out rest design of all time.
Thanks again super_hunt54.That's what i was thinking.I didn't see how an arrow could pass through it without serious drag.The Grizzly i asked about in the other thread came with one attached but now that i have someone else's input,am canning it.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lol I disagree with SH on this one. I think it's a good rest a beginner and hunting. I don't use one myself but I think at one time it was a good choice. Technology has passed it by now though imo.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Lol I disagree with SH on this one. I think it's a good rest a beginner and hunting. I don't use one myself but I think at one time it was a good choice. Technology has passed it by now though imo.
Horse pucky! Dun listen to that mess Imshocked. Rock's pulling ya leg He knows they are completely retarded and quite possibly the absolute stupidest rest ever conceived from the mind of men. It's a rest that is designed to fail! Bristles wear down and cause change of point of impact, they destroy your fletchings, they cause bad loaded arrow handling habits for when someone smartens up and gets a proper rest, the list goes on and on!
Old 08-29-2016, 09:52 PM
Spike

Thumbs up

Thanks rock.I agree on the beginner part..sorta.It would help with someone who can't keep the arrow on the rest when they draw.My son's bow came with one installed and I'm supposed to install one on my niece's bow this week but I think i'll try to convince my brother to but a different rest.That way she won't get too used to the biscuit holding on to the arrow for her.Thanks again for the reply and have a blessed day.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:57 PM
Spike

Horse pucky! Dun listen to that mess Imshocked. Rock's pulling ya leg He knows they are completely retarded and quite possibly the absolute stupidest rest ever conceived from the mind of men. It's a rest that is designed to fail! Bristles wear down and cause change of point of impact, they destroy your fletchings, they cause bad loaded arrow handling habits for when someone smartens up and gets a proper rest, the list goes on and on!
Lol super .I think i'm going to go along with you on this.I thought my target was destroying my fletching and had a big brain fart,not thinking about it being the rest!Thanks again for your reply and have a great day.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I stand by what I said originally
Old 08-29-2016, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I stand by what I said originally
Old 08-30-2016, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Huh, really,???!!!?! Whisker Biscuits are great for keeping arrows in place, thats a fact that i loved about them. Low pro vanes have no ware issues with whisker biscuits. The issue i didn't like, was when you draw back the bristles drag on the arrow & it's loud, but other types are too? But it was to loud for me. Either way the whisker biscuit has it's positive features, and definitely has a nitch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.