Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Summit stand pinging - Help! >

Summit stand pinging - Help!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Summit stand pinging - Help!

Old 10-17-2003, 04:46 AM

Default Summit stand pinging - Help!

I have a Summit Bushmaster climbing treestand that is a couple of years old (it is one with the air pillow seat). The past couple of evenings, it has made a pinging or tapping sound when I shift my weight or move my feet slightly. It has NEVER done this before. While the sound is not real loud, I' m afraid it might be loud enough to alert a deer if there is one in close to me. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what may be causing this sound and how to stop it?
Old 10-17-2003, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Summit stand pinging - Help!

Make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight. A little white grease at all the pivot points. Check all the welds to see if there are any visible cracks. Other than that, I don' t know what to tell you.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:34 AM

Arthur P - there are no nuts and bolts on my stand, just welds. I will go and re-check the welds, the lighting wasn' t the best when I first checked them.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:05 AM

Update: I emailed Summit about this problem. Two hours later, this is the response I got back:

" This sound could possibly be associated with a joint in the platform that
has some slight movement.

It is our policy to replace your treestand.

We will send a new stand and a pre paid fed ex call tag. Please place the
old stand in the new stand' s box and return it by using the fed ex label."

That is just downright incredible. It' s even more incredible that Summit responded to an email so quickly. Right now I am dumbfounded. How can you possibly top that kind of service?!
Old 10-17-2003, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is just downright incredible. It' s even more incredible that Summit responded to an email so quickly. Right now I am dumbfounded. How can you possibly top that kind of service?!
I had the same thing happen to me last year with that same stand....same results. Summit is a TOP NOTCH A++++ company. The BEST customer service I have ever experienced. Friendly folks and do everything in their power to make you - the customer - happy.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:31 AM

Will Woller of Summit sometimes frequents these message boards and i' m sure he will be happy to see you are a satisfied customer. In fact after a post on this message board talking up Summit he contacted me and offered to send me a free hat. How many companies do that? I own a Summit Cobra XLS and love it, when I get a new stand it will definitly be a Summit. They have made a life-long customer out of me.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:59 AM

That' s great to know. I have a summit viper. Anyone know why it slips on smooth bark trees? The bottom platform will drop up to an inch and the top just falls if there is not weight on it. Even on rough bark trees I sometimes get some slipping. I wonder if the teeth need to be sharpened? My stand is two years old. I saw a picture of a newer viper an it looked like it had a additional row of smaller teeth inside the larger teeth. Mine doesn' t have this extra row.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:20 PM

Thier response is just plain good business sense. It is cheaper to replace a stand than to fight a lawasuit if a weld breaks and you fall and die. It really helps thier reputation too.

I am very happy that i bought a Summit, it is good to know that the company really stands behind thier products.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:25 PM

good deal ,just goes to show summit is the cream of the crop , even with customer service!
Old 10-17-2003, 03:31 PM

I am very happy that i bought a Summit, it is good to know that the company really stands behind thier products.
do you mean behind or on their products?? hehe silly pun I know

I also have a Summit Viper.. I love it

Quick Reply: Summit stand pinging - Help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.