Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 BK2 Clicks on draw >

BK2 Clicks on draw

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BK2 Clicks on draw

Old 10-16-2003, 03:13 PM

Default BK2 Clicks on draw

Hey guys, just got a new(used) 2002 BK2 with the tall brace for a sweet deal. I drew it and drew it and drew it and noticed that about 3 in every 4 draws I' m getting a ' loud' distinced click from the bottom cam. Any suggestions on how to fix this.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BK2 Clicks on draw

All screws tight?
Old 10-16-2003, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine did that for about 2 days: back out your limb bolt a few turns then re-tighten. Sometimes it' s the bolt doing that.

Check those screws like Range said.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:00 AM

Don' t back out your limb bolts more than 2 1/2 turns from bottomed out! My wife' s brother also bought a very nice used BKII and someone had backed the limbs off too much and allowed the limb pocket liner rubber to slip out of the groove inside the limb pocket. Your' s might have the same problem. Take it to a good shop and have them take the limbs off to inspect for cracks and limb fit in the pocket. There is a rubber " O" ring like material that makes the limb fit very snug in the pocket. This material is located in a groove inside the pocket and held in place with grease during the installation of the limbs and can come out of the groove if the limbs are backed out too far.
Old 10-17-2003, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Be sure the module screws are tight too. They can cause a clicking sound if they are loose.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:35 AM

Thanks for the help guys...I tightened down all the screws on the cams but they were all ready tight. Did the limbs thing and that didn' t work. This morning before class I took it to Blendon Pines and he said he' ll take it apart and give it a good cleaning and lube job. Bob is a really nice guy...asked what time I' d be out of class and he' d try to have it done by then. I' ll let you all know in a couple of hours how it turns out. Thanks again for all the help. I really appreciate it.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

A buddy of mine patriot Dually had a clicking sound coming from it. Took me 10 minutes to find the click it ended up being the cable guard screw had come loose.
Just another thought so get thet checked as well.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:27 AM

Mine ticked a little from a not quite tight enough module screw...sounds like Bob will find the problem
Old 10-17-2003, 03:56 PM

It' s all taken care of...first he thought it just need a lube job, so he took it apart, lubed up the axles and what not and it still clicked. So he took it back apart, took apart the cam and module, put it back together and after several draws it hasn' t clicked once. Only charged me 10 for the work. I' m very happy.
Old 10-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

GVDocHoliday,
I wish I would have seen this sooner.........my Patriot Dually was doing that exact same thing, and it turned out that all I had to do was take the modules out, clean them up good and put them back in tightly.
Seems that if you get a tiny bit of dirt wedged in there anywhere if you are swapping out modules or get the cams dirty, it can cause a tiny gap that isn' t visible to your eye, but when you draw the bow the force of the string/cables applying pressure causes the module to " pop" slightly as it completely seats itself.
A simple removal, wiping down and reinstalling them has taken it away for good.
Just a theory, but since a simple cleaning took mine away I have to assume that is why at least I had a " click" .