Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 A question for MQ 1 owners... >

A question for MQ 1 owners...

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A question for MQ 1 owners...

Old 10-14-2003, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default A question for MQ 1 owners...

I have a Mathews MQ1 and I changed the cam on it about a year ago. It seems to shoot fine but the center shot is way left.
I was checking it out last night and I noticed the bushings on the cam, the bushing on the right side of the cam is thicker than the bushing on the left hand side of the cam it looks like it would work better if the thicker bushing was on the left.
So if anyone has a MQ1 they can look at and let me know which side the thicker bushing is on I would appreciate it. The cam that cam off of it had two small brown busings that look to be the same size and the newer cam has two large white bushings with the right one being thicker.
When I say right and left I' m talking about when you hold the bow like you are going to shoot it.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A question for MQ 1 owners...

I checked the MQ1 here and it also has the thiner white bushing on the left side and the thicker white one on the right side.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: A question for MQ 1 owners...

Thanks for the reply Lady Forge,

I guess I will just leave it alone, it just seems odd that the cam that came on the bow had smaller bushings of the same thickness. Oh well if its not broke dont fix it ...... right.

Have a great day!