Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Help a first time bow hunter please >

Help a first time bow hunter please

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help a first time bow hunter please

Old 10-26-2014, 08:36 PM
Spike

Default Help a first time bow hunter please

I have a choice between these used bows and know nothing about them.

Parker Wildfire XP
Hoyt Cybertec
Bowtech General
or slightly more PSE Sinister

These are the ones the local shop have in my price range
Opinions on which is best for a first time bow hunter
Thanks in advance
Old 10-27-2014, 09:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

All good bows but if I were you I would shoot each one and see which one feels best to you. If they all are similar I'd opt for the General.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had, and used Hoyt bows for over 30 years. Never has one let me down.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

Not a pse fan but they all are decent bows
Old 10-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

iv'e always shot hoyt they are great bows but the most important part is getting a bow that fits you properly then getting it set up correctly and making sure it's quiet not only when shooting it but also give it a good shaking make sure there are no rattles then shoot shoot and shoot some more when i started out i would shoot 20-30 arrows a day to build your shooting strength because when you have buck fever and it's freezing outside you need that strength and repetition habit.hope this helps and good luck !!
Old 10-31-2014, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
All good bows but if I were you I would shoot each one and see which one feels best to you. If they all are similar I'd opt for the General.
decent name brands but this is the best advice. Also see which one you can hold at full draw the longest. Thats what really matters.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
decent name brands but this is the best advice. Also see which one you can hold at full draw the longest. Thats what really matters.
Just curious on how one would test your suggestion of holding at full draw? Would you test this on different trips?

If you don't mind explaining, not looking for an argument just curious as when I take folks to the gym for training alot of individuals will be capable of performing one action good once, their repetitive actions will be diminished due to energy expended. So the possible best bow he can hold at full draw may not be realized due to fatigue caused by drawing and holding several bows prior to that.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
Just curious on how one would test your suggestion of holding at full draw? Would you test this on different trips?

If you don't mind explaining, not looking for an argument just curious as when I take folks to the gym for training alot of individuals will be capable of performing one action good once, their repetitive actions will be diminished due to energy expended. So the possible best bow he can hold at full draw may not be realized due to fatigue caused by drawing and holding several bows prior to that.
this is a 3 yr old post your replying to??
so I doubt your going to get a answer

my guess ??
would be he was sort of saying to draw each bow and see what one has the most let off, which should make holding at full draw the easiest?
I personally wouldn;'t choose a bow this way
like a gun, fit is to me more important, and with archery, its honestly IMO all about form, the better your form the better you shoot, so having a bow that fits best, tends to allow shooter to shoot it the best!
Old 07-17-2017, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mrbb
this is a 3 yr old post your replying to??
so I doubt your going to get a answer

my guess ??
would be he was sort of saying to draw each bow and see what one has the most let off, which should make holding at full draw the easiest?
I personally wouldn;'t choose a bow this way
like a gun, fit is to me more important, and with archery, its honestly IMO all about form, the better your form the better you shoot, so having a bow that fits best, tends to allow shooter to shoot it the best!
thats interesting, when I clicked on new posts, this is one of the five I got listed and just clicked on it.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:36 AM
Spike

+1 on shoot every one of them (if possible). also, i'd recommend spending as little $ as possible - don't by your "bow of a lifetime" for the 1st one. if you like the sport, you'll buy another bow in the future and know more what you want. if you don't put more time or $ into the sport, you are not out much $.

enjoy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.