Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Tired of ugly crusty stuff >

Tired of ugly crusty stuff

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tired of ugly crusty stuff

Old 10-04-2003, 02:01 PM

Default Tired of ugly crusty stuff

Anyone know of any good fletching cement that doesn' t leave the ugly white residue on your arrows? I' ve been using superglue gell and want to try something new.
My bow shop is allways out of everything but the EZ fletch stuff for aluminums (I shoot carbon goldtip XT' s). I think it' s some sort of conspiracy. Everytime I need glue all the shops are out so I go to wallmart and get the superglue gell.
Has anyone ever tried any of the arts and crafts stores for a type of hot glue that might work? Just a thought. Was also considering a dip or wrap to take care of the prob.
Thanks for any comments/advice.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tired of ugly crusty stuff

If your getting the white residue, you' re using too much glue. Just a small thin bead will work just fine. Keep reducing the amount until the white is gone. I use it all the time and it works great for me.
Charlie
Old 10-04-2003, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

hey bud, I use the fletching tape and it works great. It comes off the arrows easily for refletching, is very durable, and you only need a dot of glue at the front and rear of your feather. give it a try and you will never glue em again. I have shot an arrow accidently through my fence with my taped fletches and they held up.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:55 AM

It easy to use too much of the jell type. It seems I always get the white outline when I use it. So now I just buy any kind of instant glue provided it' s liquid. Then I don' t have a tendency to use as much and the resluts are no more white outline around the fletch...
Old 10-07-2003, 12:16 AM

I just tried the same thing today. I found the liquid that comes with a brush. I brush it on and it seems to go on real even that way. The brush also worked well for adding the little dob to the front of the vane.
Thanks,
Kirk
Old 10-07-2003, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

The white haze is caused by humidity in the air while fletching.