Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Questions about the book 'Become the arrow' >

Questions about the book 'Become the arrow'

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Questions about the book 'Become the arrow'

Old 02-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Spike

Default Questions about the book 'Become the arrow'

theres a section in the book where byron talks about how he only shoots three arrows at a time, but then goes on to say you should only shoot one arrow five times, and then talks about just shooting only one arrow a day, am i suppose to shoot only one shot (one arrow) a day ? even when practicing form or shooting with my eyes closed ? or do i only shoot one arrow five times ?

A little help would be so much help please and thank you !
Old 02-20-2014, 07:57 PM
Spike

Been a while since I read the book. Practice is practice whether you shoot 3, 5 or 100 arrows a day as long as you practice correctly. In my opinion you wont hone your shooting skills very fast shooting one arrow a day.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

I believe what he is saying is to shoot the same arrow. I read this book years ago and it greatly improved my shooting of the traditional (instinctive shooting) bow. One major change I made was using the middle finger in the corner of my mouth as my anchor. I previously used my index finger. This brought the arrow closer to my eye.
Also, remember perfect practice makes perfect. The key to shooting instinctive well is repetition through muscle memory and hand/eye coordination.