Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
some help tuning bear carnage? >

some help tuning bear carnage?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

some help tuning bear carnage?

Old 02-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Spike

Default some help tuning bear carnage?

So im shooting a bear carnage at 28" draw maxed at 70-73 lbs. My arrows are cabelas stalker extreme 65/80s at 28" from where nock meets string to end of shaft. I was wondering if my arrows could be too stiff for my setup? I got the bow last season in September and shot it with 2 full turns off the limb bolts set centershot w a lazer and nock point with levels shot it out to 80 yards good enough with field tips. I killed 4 deer with it with t3s and pass throughs one the day after sighting in but never shot my trusty muzzys through it. so I decided to shoot a bare shaft with it after ripping fletchings off at 30 yrds if flew tail right almost sideways and missed the target. From there I began moving my rest away from riser and nocking point until the bareshafts flew pretty good. when I got it where they would fly good the arrow was to the left from centershot considerably. I know hand torque and grip is a factor too. also shot a terminator 45/60 shaft and flew tail left indicating weak spine? extremes flew tail right stiff spine? and info would be appreciatied! I know if I can get my bow to drive bare shafts it will drive blazered muzzys field tips killzones etc etc lol