Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Need help!!!! Scope is shooting low don't know what else to do ?!?!?!? >

Need help!!!! Scope is shooting low don't know what else to do ?!?!?!?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need help!!!! Scope is shooting low don't know what else to do ?!?!?!?

Old 11-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Spike

Default Need help!!!! Scope is shooting low don't know what else to do ?!?!?!?

Hi I'm going to be doing some hunting really soon and my scope won't adjust! Here's the specs
Ruger 10/22
Bunshnell banner dusk and dawn 6x24x40
Tactical solutions barrel
Archangel stock
Shooting cci bulk ammo at 100yds

I hade the scope zero'd in at 100 and it came off zero and started shooting off and low the scope was maxed but that's fine for me I had 1 inch rings and changed them to 3/4" so that the scope was BARELY not touching the barel lowered my height all the way and put the scope back on went to zero my gun in today and I'm shooting low at 100yds any suggestions ?
Old 11-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

is it grouping? i think ya have to big of a scope. try zero at 50 yards and then use the mil dots to find 100 yards.gl
Old 11-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Spike

It is grouping ill try it at 50
Old 12-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

might come down to taking yer scope back to center as best ya can and start marking what each mil dot does and tape it to the stock. ya might outta re-think the scope idea, i imagine ya wanted to zoom in all the way to see the squirrel blink lol so ya could get em while their eyes are closed so they cant see it coming.
might be a good idea just get a smaller scope for it. the less zoom ya use the better the group imo ...
anyone know the accuracy difference if a 6-24X scope is zoomed in all the way at 100 yards vs unzoomed?
Old 12-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Without having the gun in hand it is hard to say. Are all of your mounts secure?
Did you use a laser bore sighter after changing the rings and see what it did at 25yds before moving out?
How did the ammo group at closer yardage? Try another ammo.
At what magnification are you sighting in at the closer yardage?
Have you tried to sight in at one setting then crank it up a few powers at a time and see how it affects the grouping? Try these and see what comes about and let us know back.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've never heard of putting a 24X scope on a 22 for hunting purposes, but I think the question that halfbaked asked at the end of his post is more of an answer tp your problem than a question!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Spike

Try cranking the scope all the way left then all the way right then recenter. Same for vertical adjustment. Sight in at 25 then 50 or whatever you want your 0. I am a fan of the banners. For the price they are great. I doubt its the glass. maybe a loose mount or base.