Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
How could i make a bow rack for my bike >

How could i make a bow rack for my bike

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How could i make a bow rack for my bike

Old 11-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Spike

Default How could i make a bow rack for my bike

This is my first time using my bike for hunting and it sucked carrying my bow with one hand and riding. I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on how i could mount my bow to my bike. Also i don't use sights so im not worried about any of that stuff coming loose, So any ideas? I would like to build one before next Saturday. something simple.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Spike

Your better off just going and getting a mount made for an atv and install it on your bike. That's what I did and it works great.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

How about just a sling across your back?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

I have used a mountain bike in the mountains of Montana. The y-shaped ATV gun/bow holders work well to attach to the handle bars. They can be positioned before tightening down to best hold your bow. Bow will stay nice and snug. I have also used a shoulder harness and also have attached bow to my back pack. Now one very important thing to remember......if you have a wreck while riding your bike, you might get some good damage to your bow. I think greater damage would result from bow attached to handle bars but then again you could fall on your bow that is hanging from a shoulder strap. Just keep this in mind when making your decision. Luckily this has not happened to me but has happened to others I know. Good luck.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

there used to be a website out there where a guy showed how he outfitted his mountain bike to use for hunting. I think he used a gun though, but he had a thing rigged up where the stock of the gun rode in a holder near the frame at the back wheel, and it rode straight up and down, i think the middle of the gun was secured to a bike rack he installed on the back. You might could do someting similar with a bow...id be really scared of having a bow across my bars are even on my back because its so easy to clip a branch or tree. If you are just going to be riding down logging roads it might be doable tho